CHAPTER TWENTY

The Woods look like it came out of a storybook. Not the happy with fairies and butterflies or where someone would find their one true love. But one where someone can expect to suddenly fall into a deep hole with sharp edged rock on the bottom. They had gone straight from where he first arrived and he was expecting to see more than this one guy here, but there was none. The worst part is, he didn't know what he was supposed to do or if he can trust this man. The problem was, the old man never answered his question. Leading them both in silence between sounds of the woods. Animals, mysterious insects, and loud birds.

He couldn't possibly live here alone. No one can live alone that long. He guessed if someone did, he or she would probably go crazy from talking to their own mind. But then again, he was going to feel just that once he's sealed away. He wondered what it would feel like. Would it be dark, with no light, no sound, nothing? Would feel like trapped in a small cage with bars and such? Or would it feel simply like sleeping and slowly his body would dissolve into bones? He wished if that was true he would die in the end. What if he wakes up and everyone he ever knew died? But what choice does he have?

Well, he could just run off... forever in the run from Oro. Of course, until he gets caught and taken. No. He has to stay.

"You have to tell me who you are and where we are going. Please, say something."

The man chuckled. "You can't even stand silence for a few minutes. How are you going to live in your cell, alone?" He turned a little to take a quick glance at him. His words stunned him.

"So you know what I'm here for."

"We all do." The man pointed out. Boruto looked around, starting to think that maybe he'll see some pairs of eyes staring at them in secret. Looking long and hard, there were no eyes. It was just the two of them. He remembered that Akeboshi said that the land was a living thing. The shield around it could only be penetrated if he was permitted to come in.

"I have nothing else to say." He said.

"You do. You just don't know which to say." He pointed. The end of the path led them to a small temple with rocks and statues of animals. Surrounding it was a small garden with all kind of flowers. He recognizes the daisies but not the others.

"You like gardening. They're beautiful." He complimented

"No." He started. "I don't like gardening."

"So you didn't plant them?" Boruto asked. His hope started to jump up, knowing that maybe it's not just them. He chuckled. "Aaaaaaaah, sweet feeling of hope and wishes. It's been a while since I felt them." Boruto frowned. "You didn't plant them."

"I did." He answered.

"But you said!" He took a quick deep breath. Hold it together. He thought to himself. It's only been what? Fifteen minutes and he had lost his temper already.

The small temple was even gloomier on the inside. There was only little lighting with spider webs on every corner. The floor was covered with gray sand that his steps sink down every time he took a step.

"Don't you ever clean up after all that time. Instead of gardening if you don't like it."

"Why? There are spiders living there. What would you feel like if your house was destroyed," He laughed, "Just because it makes the rest look ugly?"

"I get your point." He said flatly.

"So where are you locking me up?" He asked. The man laughed, laughed hysterically. His whole body shook hard as he falls to his knees and coughed. Boruto moved closer, but he pushed him away.