CHAPTER TWENTYTWO

Sarada stood with the others, watching with amazement and stunned at the sight of Boruto. He had changed into a black silhouette himself, silence as he walks towards Oro in thin air. There was a ball of invisible armor around him, stopping any harm that came his way. Tree trunks broke in two and rocks into small pieces. She looked with astonishment when the wind stopped as if it was never there, dropping the load like rain. Then he just stood there.

"What is his plan?" Sarada asked Uncle Naruto. He didn't look at her.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? You just let him do what he thinks is right?" Sakura asked, putting her hand on her waist. She raised an eyebrow at him, questioning.

"I hate to say this, but we all know he made wrong judgment calls." This time it was Uncle Itachi speaking, surprising her with his soothing voice. He rarely says anything.

"I know he had a good plan. We just have to see..." His voice drowned by the sound of Oro's growl. Pushing Boruto into the temple along with all the darkness like a shapeless monster. And then everything ended. Sarada could feel it as if Oro suddenly disappeared. The swirling clouds above just poof away, letting the sun shine again. Around her, she wasn't the only one feeling and thinking the same thing. The crowd of army had started whispering in wonder of their victory. Have they won? If they did, where's Boruto?

"Is it over?" Her mother asked what they were all thinking. Uncle Boruto jumped down, staring at the distance. "I'm not sure Sakura. But I know that Oro is not here anymore."

"As if she never was," Sasuke said. "I'm guessing he's probably with her right now in the center of the land. He did say, she was born here."

"So Boruto send her back to where she came from? But Boruto has the same power too. Then that means he'll be trapped in there as well?" She dared ask. She returned Uncle Boruto's sad gaze with her own. His eyes were luminous blue, covered with liquid she could only guess as tears. The edge of his eyes had thin lines that made him look tired and somehow she knew he was prepared if Boruto would not come back. Sarada swallowed her nausea. It wasn't the first time for her to loose Boruto. The feeling of loss had shocked her once, causing her trauma to kick in now. If his father was prepared, she was not.

"I'll go there," Sarada said to no one. She ignored her mother's call and Uncle Boruto's stare as she jumped from one giant rock to another. In her mind, she imagined seeing Boruto standing in the middle of the temple, alright and safe. It helped her feel less shaky. But if he wasn't, she would let it to her own spontaneous reaction to take over.

The temple of the Green Lands from above is the center of the entire land, in the middle of what looks like a star. Surrounding it was the forest, which was illuminated by the sun now. Birds had sat down on the tree branches again, looking around. A small garden beside it was untouched, growing flowers from all colors. Only animal statues were broken, their heads were gone, broken in small pieces not far from their bodies.

Inside the temple was dark and cold. There were spider webs everywhere and she thought maybe it has been abandoned for years. Stepping in, she could see the walls had pictures on them, now fading from time. A history she never studied before.

"Boruto!" She called out. The pictures on the walls forgotten. After a walk in silence, she finally found the center where Boruto stood, one foot above the ground. His eyes were all black. Leaving carved marks streaming down his face as if they were painted there. Around him, seven colors of chakra with blue on the outer part circling him. She sat there, waiting for him.

"Please, Boruto... please come back to us." She whispered. "I can't lose you again. Not like this... please... Boruto... please..."

Around him, the chakra started disappearing one by one, turning to the other direction. She looked to him with hope as he touched the ground again, the black chakra melted from his body into a puddle on his feet. She moved to his side, putting a hand on his shoulder. He reached it.