CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"It should be easy enough to sneak up on them from behind. It's a strange plan you know." One of the men said. The shadows of the night had covered him with darkness and all he could see was his large body, outlined by the moon. His voice was steady, not confronting, but still full of doubt. Boruto said nothing back to the man behind him, focused on the plan he had made with Akeboshi and Sarada. It was her who made the basic plan and so he said nothing.

The plan was simple. The main house of the landlord was huge with all riches and protected with three short watch towers, each with few ninjas. The first layer of the guard was their first priority to take down, leaving the rest of the men to run out to protect the master. In the end, only one or two will be left to protect this Yonji. That is when they will get him as an easy prey.

"Are you listening? We should just avoid the battle and attach Yonji." He said again. Boruto narrowed his eyes at him, glancing with annoyance. "And let them ambush us in the inside? We might as well run to a dead end." He answered sharply. The man said nothing back and nodded.

"Boruto, all team in place. Ready for the attack." Sarada said to him. She was on the other side of the main house, ready to take down the second watch tower.

"Alright. Tell all your men to wait. We disable all we can and let them join when they know." Boruto said. He drew out his sword, the leather of it calmed him. He was in black gear, not his usual orange jacket that he took off just a moment ago. Under him, as he moved forward, the tip of his just sharpened sword blinked at him with reflections. In seconds his soundless body managed to climb up, cutting thru chests, throats, and arms. They were caught in surprise, not ready to move or give a fight back. But some were already on their feet, attacking him. Pushing in swords and Kunai and daggers at him. Bad luck for them, he was fast enough to avoid it. The same scream and shouts of alarm are heard on the rest of the watch towers and the bell of alarm awakened the household. Men started to pour out and in that very moment, Boruto jumped down and ran into the stone fence. None of their weapons touched him and when he jumped down, the feeling of freedom made his heart thump loud. His body pumped black chakra to its sharp ends and in seconds it cut thru the iron chains that held the gates closed. It fell with a loud thud, dust rising up and it covered him. He had no idea how the swordsman of the household saw him.

He was a striking sight. Tall, blond yellow hair under the light of the moon and fire from torches that lit the way, his body released a dark aura around him, and in the darkness, thick clouds of dust, his eyes glowed in light blue. The men from the village ran past him and in instant he moved with them.

Boruto swung his sword like it weight nothing, his lips twitch in the simple joy of rush and adrenaline. He loved it. He loved the feeling of a fight thought it was a simple fight. The so-called ninjas the villagers were afraid of were not more than some guys that were trained to scare people away. In that he gave his final blow, sending blood splattering on the white wall. The stain and smell of it covered half of his face, making him the demon he always knew he was. But then, it felt so... so what? His eyes darted around. Sarada made her way and had finished the second tower. Her slim figure looked so elegant when, with speed and skill, took down four men in one hit. Beautiful. He thought motionlessly. There were no other men to fight on his side, the battle was over and he had expected more, so much more from the fear of their voices. Was this all?

"Boruto! Bloody hell." Akeboshi said as he slowed his steps. His eyes were a mix of horror and thrill at the same time. Boruto returned his gaze. Akeboshi even now looked as beautiful as he always was.

"Boruto, are you alright!?"

"Relax Sarada, this isn't my blood." He said calmly. With his sword, he pushed the door to the side and in there the man they were looking for were hiding under the table. He was a skinny old man, wrinkly and unpleasant.