Seven

It's hard to believe that it is still the same sky he is gazing up to when the constellation that was written up there were completely different than what he usually sees back home. These stars are more beautiful compared to the color, the number, and the way they bundle together in some parts where it shone with blue and green light, changing into pink and red in some parts. He felt somehow that he has moved across the world and he would never see them again. His family, friends, that old guy Kakashi and Gui always fighting, Shikadai, Inojin, Metal, Chocho, and... Sarada. He looked down to where the dark forest covered the land like giant green carpet; birds flying somewhere far away, the tip of the sky had a tinge of orange where it ended between two mountains. There is where they all are. But I can't go back, never again. He said to himself, telling just that after just a day being here in the secret stone.

"Boruto?" A sweet voice caught him unguarded, looking with dazzled eyes to the sky just above him. Boruto smiled to her, tapping on the spot next to him.

"Hey Shizuka, come sit next to me. Or is there something you needed to tell me?" He asked. Shizuka brought her gaze down to him; her big green eyes reflected the sky above her as the wind blew her long black hair. She is beautiful. He thought and looked away.

"I just wanted to tell you that Kuroy had finished what he had to do... and anytime you're ready you can come down." She said.

"Thanks, Shizuka. I'll be up for a while if that's alright."

"That's fine. Then I'll sit here and accompany you." She said, walking to where he was.

"Careful, the rock is a bit slippery." He warned.

"Is it? I have never been up here before." She accepted his hand and sat next to him. Her hands hugging her legs close to her while looking up to the sky. Boruto raised his eyebrow, surprised. How can someone not go up and see all this?

"You never did? Why not?"

"Because it is dangerous and Kuroy probably won't let me." She met gaze with him. "But I always did. I'm glad that you are here... now I can see all this." She looked up.

"Me?"

"You are strong and I know you would protect me if something was to happen. Won't you?" Boruto blinked a few times, speechless of what to say. Well, yeah he would but it was the reason he left Konoha from the first place. Because he was weak and he needed to be strong. He chuckled, taking her attention.

"Is something funny? It's something I said, wasn't it?"

"No... It's not Shizuka... It's what you think of me is wrong." He said the memory of that night turned again and it gave him a great effect that he nearly flinches.

"What do you mean?" She looked bewildered.

"I am not strong... don't you see? That's my reason for leaving my village. Because..." Even my father and mother admit that I am a weakling. But the words won't come out. "I need to be stronger." He said finally. Shizuka suddenly grabs both of his hands.

"You are strong already Boruto. Kuroy had said that you are probably a genius with work and genjutsu."

To that, he laughed. "He is a dreamer." He said and smiled. He had to admit it, he felt better. After his long trip, all he could do was fight the burden dangling on his heart. Even the amazing few in the way was a desert for him. "Thank you, Shizuka. I am not genius either, but you can count on this for sure."

"What?"

"That I am going to even stronger than I ever was and I'll surpass Uzumaki Naruto. Better believe it!" He stood up and screamed to the forest, birds flying away in fear of his voice. Shizuka stood next to him, she jumped with excitement herself.