18

She remembered how things were. She remembered her hours of training with Boruto and Mitsuki. She knew how strong he had been, become and she knew now that he was stronger than ever before. With that much amount of chakra on hand and speed, she should have been defeated in minutes. But she wasn't. He was fighting her, but he wasn't really doing it to win. He gave her openings to kill him. To push in her sword he had let her take from him in his body, to kill him. She could not bring herself to do it. Not when he was clearly letting her win like this.

She strongly pushed him away and they finally sprang apart. He looked at her; his eyes had started to beg. "Why? Why don't you kill me?" She could see him ask. She shook her head. No, I can't. I am... not strong like Kakashi-san. She said to herself. She looked up in shock, filling a kick on her stomach, thrown and slammed on a pillar. Her back ached. Boruto came to her. His steps seemed to win from all these noises around them.

"Sarada, it is over... this is where I draw the line." He picked up his sword and pointed it at her. She waited, waited for him to strike her. Seconds past and she were still breathing, waiting for him to move. He didn't. He looked away; she could see he was fighting strong emotions and pain from his neck. It glowed like hot metal. She jolted when he suddenly screamed in agony and fell on his knees. Holding his neck like a snake was killing him.

"S-Sarada." His hands flat on the floor when it suddenly stopped. A tear came down from his eyes, from the edge of her eyes she saw Mitsuki standing on the door, looking at them. "Watashi ni akiramemasu" He whispered and held her right hand, taking his sword to stab her. She screamed, "Mitsuki NO!"

But it was too late. Mitsuki had blasted his lightning bolt at him, going thru his chest. The world around her moved slowly, warm blood scattered on her face as she saw Boruto fell on the cold floor. His eyelids closed slowly and so did the machine. The sound of it slowly stopped into low rattle. She came to his side. "No no no no no, Boruto please..." She cried, holding his face. Mitsuki ran to them, kneeling down beside him.

"Sarada, he was about to kill you." He said. She nearly could not speak. She never knew pain like this. She would never see him again, would never hear him speak again, or know that he was somewhere she could still chase around the world... his gone...

He had never been so tired of his life and so determent in the same time. It was probably of age but Naruto did not give that much thought about it. He had to reach the east end in time and get Boruto out of there. From afar, he could see the black chakra that had cut the sky was now gone. The machine must have stopped.

"Good job Sasuke!" He said, jumping from a branch to a pile of hard land, sticking out of the ground from a crack. "Uhmm... I don't think it's Sasuke at all." He said, pointing out to a small group that stood just outside the shield.

"What the!? Sasuke!" He landed and saw a familiar face standing next to him. Along with a child and a girl. "Itachi." He said.

"We meet again." He said with a smile.

"I don't know what the hell is going on and why you're still alive but, oh man I still hate you." He said and turned to Sasuke. "What are you doing here? Where are the kids? He looked around. Sasuke glanced away.

"Sarada went in and I don't know where Chocho and Mitsuki are. Probably inside though but I'm not sure." He said, looking at the shield.

"The machine is off. So we can say that they stopped it." Boruto said.

Sarada nearly could not breathe between her sobs. Touching Boruto's face. She touched their foreheads and remembered what he had said to her just before he took the sword... Watashi ni akiramemasu She sobbed. Give up on me. Chocho's hand was firm on her shoulder and Mitsuki looked away from Boruto. His back on them.