FOUR

All there was, was a wide endless land of red sand. Covering the earth with its high temperature, hard winds, and blinding sand in your eyes. He stood there in silence, staring at the distance, to that familiar place he knows as home. His red hair was muffled by it, by the wind and it was made so tidy just a few minutes ago, he really didn't care that much.

"Kazekage-sama, there has been a report of strange activity at the far end." A man said behind him. He said nothing and turned to come in when a sight of three moving shadows caught his attention. He jumped up to his sand cloud and turned to the man.

"Higher the scout on the entrance. There are trespassers." He said, "Yes Kage-sama!" and left him. His fit firm on the sand and chased them out of the village. He waited for them to attack but none did. It was clear whatever they came for they had it already and he wanted to know what. They all looked like ninjas he never saw before. Wearing dark brown outfit that covered their whole body until only little bits of hair was left, showing from small openings on their head.

Finally, he let his sand fall down, making a thick wall cover their way. Stopping them from escaping, when one shot out a red beaming laser. He tensed, his wall of sand was penetrated and it touched the side of his body. It stings with biting pain.

"Ugh." He landed on the ground, losing his sand cloud.

"We weren't here to cause problems." One of them said.

"Then you should have come here with permission." He replied. They didn't come forward to attack but neither did they move away. They stood still, waiting for his response.

"Why have you come here? Answer me."

"We were chasing after a criminal. It has been taken care, for now, we will leave." He said with a low rough voice. "We meant no harm. You can see that." The other said. He said nothing else and looked down to his bloody wound. His flesh was torn open, he squints from the pain.

"With all respect, you were the one who attacked first." He said. "Gara of the sand." He said that like he was meeting with an old friend. They turned from him when some guards came running to see if he was alright.

"Kage-sama who were they? After them!" he yelled out.

"No. Let them go." He said, looking after them as they went and jumped down from the wall around the village. He drew in a breath and thought of that strange chakra he felt from them.

"I want you to examine my blood instead."

"What!?" They all said. "Report the results to me at once."

He opened his eyes to a blinding light. It felt hot on his skin and he moved away from it. His mind blank and all he saw were the empty wall of his room. The mark left where he pulled the paper away just this morning. He closed his eyes again; a shocking wave came over, reminding him of what occurred before. "Damn it." He said under his breath. He wanted so badly to ensure everyone that he was okay. Deep down, he knew he wasn't but he just felt joy from it. It was strange. He liked the way all this was mixing up in his head. The memory of his shocked father came to mind.

Was it yesterday? Or was it today? Has he slept the whole day and night? Or have he just slept a few hours? It didn't matter... he felt better either way. Boruto pushed himself to lean on his elbow and looked outside. It was four o'clock and the sky had just turned orange.

When he realized he had made an appointment. He gasps.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, I forgot! Damn it!" He put on his shoes and opened the windows of his room. He looked back, wondering if his father was still there and was waiting for him. Boruto chuckled, the grip on the sash tighter. He was busy with work, he wouldn't have that much time to be with him and he jumped down. Boruto ran on the streets to where he saw Kuroy the other day and he nearly screamed out his name. Wait Kuroy, I am still here. I haven't forgotten our appointment! Focusing his chakra on his foot, he jumped up to the roof and rushed out of the village.