CHAPTER ONE

How strange. He thought, looking up to a hill with black grass and a dying tree. Its branches were long and sharp, like a dead monsters fingers that had caught spider webs, while the shadow of it had probably had him already. How odd, he thought. A boy stood under it with yellow hair and light blue eyes, sad and worried and afraid. Hugging himself while glancing around as if looking for something, someone. "Hei, you... are you alright?" His voice was no more than a whisper, dragged by the wind and disappeared in the distance. He tried again but nothing came out. The little boy finally realized him and walked back, as if he was afraid.

"What did you do?" He asked frantically. There was blood now, dripping from his eyes.

"What do you mean?" He asked in frustration, for none of his words go to him. The boy held on to the tree. "What did you do!?" Now he was starting to get hysterical, shaking like a soaked rabbit. "Damn it! What exactly did I do?"

"How could you? How could you have let him go?"

"Let who go?" He walked closer. "Listen, kid, I don't know what you're talking about but let me help you. What's your name?" He asked to him. This time, his words made an effect and the small boys eyes looked like he was dragged down from a bad dream. But he answered, "I'm Boruto. Who are you?" Walking back from him.

"I... I... don't know. I don't know." Was all he could give as an answer. How strange, he thought. How can anyone not know who they are, or at least a name to call? He realized he was more lost than this small boy.

"I was afraid so." He said to him.

"Boruto!" A small call came from behind him and a girl emerged. Her hair was black and so was her eyes. Glittering with joy as she threw herself to the boy. He stared with horror at them. The little girl didn't seem to realize the blood that smeared his face. She used her thumb to clean it and dragged him away when another person came along. Just as tall as he was. His hair was also yellow and with the same light blue eyes. Thought, he was handsome and his features were exotic, he could sense a terrible aura from this person. His eyes were cold and full of cruel humor. Like a mocking stare when someone had killed for joy. He smirked at him.

"Hello." He started. "What are you waiting for? I told you, didn't I? I was going to let you win?" He couldn't move and everything was slow and dark and the sky had turned red. That person drew out a sword but none of those children realized what was happening.

"Stop!" He screamed. A puddle of thick black tar had suddenly appeared under his feet and was sucking him in. With everything he had he tried to pull himself, his fingers and nails digging into the earth, his breath racing with the cold chilling wind. Before he could do anything it was all over. "That is how you win, Boruto." He said to him. "What? No, no that's not possible! How can I be..." His name rang in his ears like an alarming call. "Shut up!" He tried to scream but his throat was held with a terrible fear. Boruto Boruto Boruto Boruto...

"Boruto! Boruto! Wake up! Wake up! You'll be late for your exams today! Dad is already out!" His eyes flung open a few times, adjusting his eyes to the light from the opened curtains. His body was wet, weak with fear and worry. He glanced aside and saw Himawari. Her black hair had already grown longer and flushed red like roses in the garden. A small sun flower was clipped beside her round pale eyes. He forced a smile.

"Woah, Himawari you look pretty today." He said, pulling her closer. Himawari giggled softly in her brother embrace, giving him a light kiss on his cheeks, she ran out with a bright smile. "Mother made your favorite too for breakfast! Better hurry or you'll be late for your exam!" And she shut the door. Boruto looked to where his sister had left him and slowly, his fake smile turned down. The fear from the nightmare was still clinging to him like super glue. Burying his face in his palm, the cool breeze from his window calmed his nerves down.