Thirteen

For once there was trust and there was betrayal, something that made her feel stupid and angry. She had not believed it, what Mitsuki had said to her that Akeboshi was working for whoever was behind the black chakra. A very young ANBU with incredible acting skill that threw chills down her spine. She tensed silently as she walked down the street, Mitsuki walking next to her in silence, breaking thru the crowd in the middle of the market. It has been a whole month ever since Akeboshi had left them, but the pain of betrayal did not shrink, it grew with thrust of revenge. I trusted him. She said all this time to herself. Her mother had said to her that betrayal was something very normal in this world and a heart is a treacherous thing, though trusting it is worthwhile and fighting for it could break ice like fire. She could not imagine ever wanting to break the ice between her and Akeboshi. She rather kill him than that.

Now she has the chance and hope to do so, because after a long month of silence and Konohamarus sensei's disappearance, they are finally called to the office. Uncle Boruto must have something important to tell them. Maybe a mission.

"Sarada, is everything alright? You look miles away." Mistuki broke her thought. She glanced at him. "How can I not be miles away? Are you not upset about Akeboshi?"

"I am. But my father-"

"Or mother." Sarada cut. Still annoyed that he never told them about Orochimaru.

"Yes, or mother, told me that I have to stay focus on what lays ahead of me and not what's in the past. If I do then I will sure lose my step in the way." She felt his hand on her shoulder and he spoke. So softly and with care and understanding, killing her tensed body. Sarada pushed her red glasses back, smiling to him with care. Strangely, she had grown fond of Mitsuki this past month, going away with him and laughing at his strange behavior, training with him, running with him has taken her mind out of Boruto. She wondered if Boruto never left than would she ever know anything more about Mitsuki? Now that she thinks about it, it was always Boruto who caught her attention when it was Mitsuki who was always beside her. Straying and suddenly coming back to stand by her. She chuckled,

"W-what? What is it?" Mitsuki blushed slightly, but still visible on his pale white skin.

"I never realized..." She started, returning his gaze.

"Realized what?" He asked curiously, walking closer and bumping her on the shoulder. Sarada blushed herself. How can she say all these feelings into easy words? Less embarrassing words? "Thank you." She said. "For being with me and not leaving."

"We are a team after all. Don't worry Sarada, you can always count on me."

"I know I can." She said, half whispering.

"Hei guys!" They both jolt in surprise, laughter came afterward along with the sound of a bag of chips shaking. Sarada turned and found Chocho. Her dark brown skin was now darker than before. She heard that Chocho spend time with her father on the desserts to train her secret Jutsu. That's what she calls it. She must have returned recently because her skin was fresh from the heated land.

"Chocho!" Sarada said, nearly yelling.

"You nearly blew my heart up my head," Mitsuki said, stroking his chest and exhaled. Chocho ate again, looking at her than to Mitsuki and to her again before she shrugged.

"You guys must have talked very seriously you were acting like you were the only two in this whole village. Didn't you hear me scream to you? The whole market heard it but you." Sarada looked around and saw eyes were on them. Some shaking their head and some giggled. She looked back to Chocho, now eagerly wished she could run far away. But it would be even more embarrassing.