CHAPTER TEN

A knock came from the door when he flipped his last report paper and let Shikamaru open the door for him. His hand was scribbling orders and numbers in silence as footsteps came closer to his desk. He didn't look up; focusing on the papers he had received from the blood prison and Shomin prison. The increasing number of madness and incomers were terrifying. The scary thing is, even the good people of Konoha was infected. The minimum was domestic abuse. Taking a deep breath, he put his pen aside and looked up the team Kakashi had gathered. To his surprise, it was Mitsuki, Shikadai, and Chochou. Their body full of gear clearly ready to sneak into enemy territory. He said nothing and placed his face on Kakashi who was standing quietly just beside them.

"You know this is an S rank mission." He said. Kakashi didn't say anything for a moment. "I believe they are the suitable team to go there. They know who they are dealing with. They have been there Naruto." Kakashi was the only one who always calls him by his name in a serious matter, opposite from the others who would call him by his name when they were joking. He looked at them one by one. They were eighteen and Chochou seventeen. Not older than he was when he fought in the war.

"True. But even Sasuke got captured by their young ANBU's. That is where the level line is drawn." He said in a final tone.

"With due all respect, sir," Shikadai spoke out. "We may be young but we are experienced. Consider her empire is not as strong as before, her best ANBU's have fled from under her command. We are not going to fight, but simply to investigate; you have my guarantee that I will take this team in and out alive." He had no doubt in his voice as he spoke. Their eyes met in an intense stare and finally, he broke it off. Boruto and Sarada are as old as they are and out there surely both still alive. Sasuke had gone to the five kages to warn them, while Sakura was sent to the sand village for health assistance. None of them will be able to come to this investigation.

"I know what you are thinking." This time Mitsuki.

"We can do this alone sir. Please don't underestimate us." He said in a flat tone.

"Fine. You will go. Shikadai, you are fully responsible for this team and mission. I will hear every information you can gather about Oro as soon as you come back."

"Yes, sir!" They all said at the same time. With one bow, they all left the room and closed the door. He looked down to his papers again; he could sense that Shikamaru was worried about Shikadai. They way he worries about Boruto and finally said, "Go to him. I want to talk to Kakashi." He said. Shikamaru nodded and walked out rather fast. In an instant, he was alone with Kakashi.

"Well? Did Pakkun find something useful about his whereabouts?" He asked. He shook his head. "I'm afraid not. Pakkun lost his scent in the middle of the forest and so Sarada's. It seems that she traveled with her eye."

"So she knows where exactly she is going. Sakura said she put a tracking jutsu on him in case he ran again."

"I heard. Scary what women would do heh? Imagine that. A tracking justu. Boruto can never hide from her now." If it was in a different situation, he would probably smile.

"I should have thought of that." He said.

"He's almost an adult Naruto. Fathers don't put tracking Jutsu's on their sons." He pointed out. He was standing now beside the window, looking out dreamily. His eyelids were half closed as if he was about to fall asleep but he remembered that Kakashi's eyes were always like that. Somewhere in his early teen, he heard from Sakura how handsome his eyes were. Naruto glanced at him. Until this very day, he never knew what his sensei's face looks like. Perhaps, Kakashi will be buried with his mask on. He looked down to his desk at the thought, hands clenched. He lost his son, he will lose more. Naruto thought sadly.