16

She remembered Orocimaru's lair. How it twisted and turns and crosses over like a labyrinth. It was all rock and it was mostly dark with torches burned by each door. This place is similar to that, with its paths, turns, marble all over. She could not imagine ever finding her way around this place. Especially with empty rooms all over. She was glad, whatever his claim to be her uncle was true or not, at least she knew where she was going.

"I think Sasuke is in the outer dungeon." He said calmly, throwing kunai to each ninja's who passed their way. He was fast and smooth in his attack, giving a one hit blow to the ninja's chin with his knee and snapping his head. She had seen her father fight before and she was already swooning by seeing him. She could see that her father rather not kills at all in fights. He was careful and full of grace. But Itachi was fiercer; he had no doubt to what he was doing. Killing everyone with movements... she thought for the first time was beautiful. Perhaps, only Itachi could make brutal fights into something beautiful, with so much elegance. She could see he was protecting them. Some ninja's had already fallen to their knees when they saw him, but he showed no mercy.

"Is he always like this?"

"Yes. My mother told me he was part of the Akatsuki. Ever heard of them?"

"No. I think I have to ask more of my parents past." She answered between her breaths. Just when she wanted to pull an attack, Saiko had already moved. He jumped and turned in the air, kicking the enemy's side face, slamming him into the wall. It was clear Saiko was trained by uncle Itachi.

They all ran, leaving dead bodies along the way and finally reaching a black marble door. They slowed down. "Saiko, I need you to bring your mother and siblings to a safe place. Bring Sarada with you. Is that clear?" He said to Saiko. The boy nodded obediently, grabbing her hand. She shoved him away.

"I am not leaving here without Boruto!" She told them. To that, Uncle Itachi's face changed a bit. Both hands on her shoulder, he looked her in the eyes when he said, "Boruto is the enemy. He is working for Oro Sarada, there is black chakra surrounding him. It is impossible to penetrate, even with my eyes."

"He's not worth your care," Saiko added his opinion. The memories of the boy she loved flashed behind her eyes. His eyes, smile, the way he spoke, and all their small petty talks she loved... the way he held his books, the way his hip swing when they danced. She shoved his hands slowly, staring back to his eyes.

"Naruto never gave up on your brother when he was a rogue ninja." She could see that she had hit the spot. She turned to run, feeling his tight grip on her arm, turning her to face him.

"He would not have succeeded if my brother did not want to be saved."

"I know Boruto wants to be saved." She shoved him away as well, stepping back from them. "Do you know that you're going to kill him like this!?" She heard Saiko asked her from afar. Between the rattles and kling klong she stood frozen, knowing they were still standing there to wait for her to change her mind. She sighs, turning again to them. "What do you mean by that!?" She screamed. "I'm here to bring him home! I want to save him!" Their faces were blank as they always were, staring at her dangerously. Examining her movements, guessing what she was going to do next, getting ready to catch her is she did not go the way they wanted her to. She gulped, pushing back her red glasses.

"You're not going to let me go, are you?" She asked.

"No." Saiko answered for his father. They all stood to wait for her; uncle Itachi had already opened the door. His eyes were starting to beg for her to move. She turned her head, staring to the dark corridor she didn't know the way of, all the guards who were running around, how many are they?