CHAPTER FOUR

"Awh, you still remember me? How touching." Akeboshi leaned against a tree, folding his hands on his chest with an awful pleased grin. Boruto took a deep breath and stood up, feeling nauseous that Akeboshi was still lurking around. He thought Akeboshi had died.

"How can I forget?" He replied in a calm manner. After so long in close touch with him, Boruto knew it was important not to let Akeboshi know what you were really feeling inside. A faint smile touched Boruto's lips.

"Now, that's the face I remember. How's home Boruto?" There was bitterness in the way he said it. Eyes sharp and cold, Akeboshi remained where he stood, taking in a long gap between their conversation. Boruto broke the silence, "Very good. What's with the sudden interest?"

"Sudden? What do you mean? It's a friendly curiosity." Boruto snorted.

"You're a good liar and you're not trying to hide that you're lying. What do you want Akeboshi? You know better than to show up here. If they caught you then it's prison. Run while you still can."

"I'm not planning on getting caught... and I just wanted to know how you're doing... because... wow, Boruto... you are amazing..." He said, enjoying the confused look on Boruto's face and went on, "I mean... I am cruel yes... but you? You took cruelness to a whole different level."

"What the hell are you talking about?" He snapped.

"You know damn right what I'm talking about. You wanted to kill Mitsuki, didn't you? Playing a hero and all friendly and when the time comes... out of nowhere you just... wow!" He clapped his hands, smirking. Boruto's body heated with anger. "You're even a better actor than I am!"

"I didn't want to kill Mitsuki!" He said, nearly breathless. But Akeboshi went on as if he never said anything, "And an asshole more than I'll ever be." He laughed.

"Damn you." Was all he could say in return. "Enough of you games Akeboshi. What do you want?"

"I'm here to over you some help, of course, I notice you let out somebody and you'll be fighting a losing battle." He glanced up from his nails to meet Boruto's eyes, "I'm actually here to meet up with him." Silence.

The wind around them blew hard, shaking around leafs with unnatural way as if Akeboshi was not alone. He was with somebody but Boruto's couldn't see who he was with. It was scary enough, to think that this person is not alone, that he knew something about him that only him himself could know about. How did he know? And Him. He knows what Akeboshi is talking about and for the first time, Boruto was afraid. The thing he thought was over is still coming to haunt him and this time, he cannot save himself. A losing battle...

Akeboshi is right, it is a losing battle. Though he tried so hard to keep everything under control he still couldn't do it.

"He's not going to go with you if I say NO. So forget about it."

"Well, then I'll just have to wait till he takes over," Akeboshi said flatly. "You really think once it's broken you can still have your body? Boruto, you're special all right, but you're not that special." Akeboshi walked closer to him until their body was two steps away from each other and he opened his hands and an illusion spread around him.

"Can you just tell me?" He asked.

"It's fun when you can see it." Akeboshi's face became blurry as if he was blending in with the illusion, leaving Boruto to stand alone in a swarming black smoke and fire and ice. Everything was dark until he was completely blind and an image of a thousand mirrors came.

"What is this?"

"An image of an inner mirror," Akeboshi said. "I figured you hadn't got the slightest idea what you've put yourself into so I'll give you a hint." He appeared in front of him in a blue mist figure, almost like a dream. His face showed unexpected sympathy, eyelids half closed.