three

Music:
This City - Sam Fischer

***

I headed straight to the lunch hall and got a sandwich. I sat at a table and ate it. I'm starting to really miss my old school, back in England I actually had someone to sit with and talk to but now I'm by myself. My eyes began to water and I wiped away the tears that slipped out.
"Are you okay?" Someone asked making me look up. I saw a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes standing at my table looking at me.
"I'm fine." I said trying to get her to go away.
"You don't look fine, wanna talk about it?" She pulled out the chair beside me and sat on it.
I had no choice but to tell her everything that happened with Shawn. Usually when I'm upset I don't want to talk but something about this girl was comforting.
"Oh my god!! You're the girl who confronted Shawn in the corridor."
"Yeah, that's me." I rolled my eyes.
"Don't roll your eyes, what you said was hilarious and he deserves it. He's a dick!"
She paused and then smiled. "I'm Sydney but you can call me Syd."
"I'm Jazz." I smiled back.
"I'm having a party tonight and you should come."
"But it's a school night."
She chuckled. "So? Thats never stopped us before. Come along and I'll introduce you to some new people."
I thought for a moment. "Sure."
She put her number in my phone and I did the same with hers.
"I'll send you my address, come to mine for 7 and don't forget your bikini."
"What for?" I asked.
"I have a pool." She smiled and walked off.
I forgot I wasn't in England anymore. Back home it's rare for someone to have a pool, the only person I knew who had a one a girl names Georgia, her parents were filthy rich.

***

When I got home I took a shower. I put half my hair up with a grip before slipping into some blue jean shorts. I studied my closet thinking about what to wear. I picked up a mesh top and a bikini top to wear underneath. I finished the look with a chunky belt and white nikes.
Syd sent me her address so I got Mum to drop me off. I knocked on the door and Syd answered. She gave me a hug and then took me into the living room where everyone was.
"Everyone this is Jazz." I smiled and looked around at everyone. I've only ever been to parities in England, are they different here?
I headed over to the drinks table and filled my cup with beer.
"Looking good England." I heard a similar voice behind me say
I rolled my eyes.
"Both your boobs and ass look banging in that outfit." Shawn stood beside me and poured out a drink.
"Careful. You're just one more word away from my drink going all over you."
"Anything for me to take my top off eh?"
I didn't say anything and he just stared at me with the biggest smirk on his face which only irritated me more so I walked off.
I spent the first part of the party talking and getting to know different people, they were all so nice.

***

It got to about 10 and the alcohol was definitely in my system, I wasn't drunk but I was extremely tipsy.
My phone suddenly rang so I answered it and headed outside so I could hear. It was Sam.
"Hi!" I answered.
"Hi, I was just ringing to see how your first day went?"
"It was ok."
"Just ok?"
"Let's just say it will take me some time to get used to the people here."
"That bad huh?"
"Yeah."
"I'm sorry."
"No it's fine, it wasn't that bad. It's only my first day and I had a run in with one of the most popular guys in school."
"Really? What happened?"
"He's a sexist pig who thought he could touch my ass and say it's because I wore tight jeans so I kneed him in the balls."
"Did you put your weight behind it."
"Absolutely."
He laughed. "God I miss you."
"I miss you too."
Someone was approaching. "I've got to go but I'll call you tomorrow?"
"Ok."
"Long time."
"Long time." He said before putting the phone down.
"Who's that?" Shawn asked.
"None of your business."
"Thats a weird name for a boyfriend."
I sighed. "What do you want?"
He threw his hands up. "Woah! Just trying to make conversation."
I didn't say anything.
"Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot."
"You think?" I questioned.
He laughed. "I'm Shawn." He said holding his hand out.
"Jazz." I replied taking his hand in mine and shaking it.
"So do you knee every guy you meet in the balls or am I the only one?"
I chuckled. "I've wanted to kick guys in the balls but lucky for you, you're the only one that I actually followed through on."
He placed his hand on his chest. "I feel honoured."

Someone suggested playing spin the bottle and suddenly everyone was being dragged back into the house. I sat out and watched as Shawn kissed endless girls. He really is a player.
Once they finished playing spin the bottle I got up to get another drink and Shawn followed me.
"Were you watching me?"
"Are you kidding?"
"I saw you. You were watching me kiss all those girls."
I scoffed. "You keep talking like that and I'll have to buy you a hat for that big head of yours."
"You know you missed out on a great opportunity back there, I'm a great kisser."
"Sure you are." I said sarcastically.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Most guys that rave about how good of a kisser they are are usually the worst kissers."
"You wanna bet?"
"What?"
"I said you wanna bet."
I didn't say anything.
"I challenge you to a game of beer pong and if I win, I get to kiss you."
"And if I win?"
"You can have whatever you want."
"You're pretty confident you'll win aren't you?"
"Yep."
"Ok. You're on."
We shook hands and headed over to the ping pong table. The boys set the cups on the table and filled them with beer. Syd approached me. "Don't you have a boyfriend?"
"Yes but I'm not going to lose."
Shawn handed me the ball. "I'll give you a head start because you'll need it."
I picked up the ball, knelt down slightly and aimed it in the direction of the first cup, it bounced two times and dropped straight into it. I stood back up. "Thanks for the head start!" I couldn't help but smirk.
He downed the beer in the cup and then took the ball out. He bounced it twice on the table and it did the same as mine, dropping into my  first cup.
I drank the beer in one and then aimed the ball towards the second row. I threw it and it landed in the middle cup.
He looked pissed but he drank the beer. He threw another ball and it landed in the cup on the right side of my second row.
We carried on the game until we both had 3 cups left. I angled my throw towards the middle cup and the ball went straight in.
Shawn done the same so we both now had two cups left.
Throughout the game more people came over and soon everyone at the party was watching us.
I took the ball out and drank the beer. I angled my throw so the ball would go in the left cup. Just as I was about to throw it Shawn let out a loud fake cough making me jump and throw the ball too hard.
It bounced straight off the table missing both cups.
"Did you need to do that?" I snapped.
He ignored me and threw the ball into one of my remaining cups.
I drank the beer and then took the ball out. Before I threw it an idea popped into my head. "Someone pass me another ball."
Sid handed me the other ping pong ball. "If I can get both balls into the cups I win."
"You'll never do that." He laughed.
I ignored him and turned towards the table.
I placed one ball in each hand. I angled my hands and let go of the balls. One was quicker than the other so it landed straight in the cup first. Everyone's eyes focused on the second ball. The second ball bounced twice and headed towards the cup too fast. It hit the edge making the cup lift off the table slightly. The beer in the cup immediately shifted to one side making the cup tilt to one side.
Oh god it's going to fall over.
The beer then slid back down to the bottom of the cup bringing the cup back flat on the table and the ball then dropped into it.
Shawn's face immediately dropped and Syd ran over to hug me. Everyone cheered and once again I had embarrassed Shawn.
Oops.

***AUTHORS NOTE***

This chapter is long aha.
Please comment what you think your feedback is much appreciated😇

Instagram: heartofshawnx