fifty three

My eyes widened. "Tomorrow!!"
He smirked. "Our flight is in the afternoon so you'll have plenty of time to pack."
I nervously laughed. "I don't have any euros."
"Don't worry I've sorted it." he looked over at Mum.
I turned to her. "Did you know about this?"
She nodded.
"Okay now close your eyes and come with me."
I closed my eyes and felt his hands cover them as he guided me somewhere.
"Open in 3..2..1"
I opened my eyes and infront of me was Mum and Dad standing next to a yellow mini cooper. My mouth immediately dropped. "Is this for me?"
Dad stepped forward and gave me a key. "You said you wanted a yellow mini so we got you one."
"I hope it didn't cost to much or I'm taking it back."
"Actually it's second hand from a lady I work with, she's only used it a couple of times."
I smiled and then opened the door to sit in it.
Dad leant on the door and looked down at me "What are you going to call her?"
"Her?"
"She's female."
I chuckled and then thought for a moment. "Michelle the mini" (my friend has a wig that she calls Michelle😂)
Mum smiled. "I like Michelle she sounds like a strong independent woman."
"Thank you so much." I stepped out of Michelle and hugged them both before returning to the party. After accepting more birthday presents and chatting to everyone people began to leave.
Soon it was just me, Shawn, Syd, Dan, Jake and Char left. We all sat around a fire, I sat with my legs on Shawn, Syd sat with her legs up leaning against Dan and Char sat on Jakes lap with her arm wrapped around his neck.
Dad came back out into the garden after seeing everyone out. "Oh god it looks like I've just walked into a rom com."
We all laughed.
"Who wants hot chocolate?"
Syd sat up. "I'd love one."
We all agreed and then Dad left to go and make them.
"Are you excited to go to Amsterdam?" Dan asked me.
"I'm so excited, I've always wanted to go and I can't wait to hire a bike and bike everywhere."
"We won't have enough time to hire a bike."
"What do you mean?"
"You sleep in til 10 everyday and by the time you've got ready half of the day has gone."
"I'll be in Amsterdam so I'll get up early everyday."
"Anyone else think Shawn meant something different then?" Jake joked.
Everyone else nodded and then laughed.
Shortly after Dad came back carrying a tray with our hot chocolates on it. He handed me mine first and then gave the others theirs.
Syd took a sip of her hot chocolate and then placed it on the floor. "Can I give you your present now."
I handed my drink to Shawn and sat up.
Syd went in doors and then came back with two wrapped presents. "One present is kinda cliche and the other we all chipped in to get."
I opened the first present and under the wrapping paper was a cute photo frame with a picture of all of us in.
I smiled. "This is so thoughtful thank you."
"So you don't think it's cliche?"
"No, it's only cliche if it had the words best friends on it."
Everyone laughed and then she handed me the other present. It was smaller than the other one. I unwrapped the paper to reveal a small Pandora box. I opened the lid and sat in the bottom of the box was a bracelet with one single charm on it.
I lifted the bracelet up and examined the charm, it was a London bus. Syd spoke up. "We thought it would remind you of home and also the 2 weeks we spent there when we all went."
"I love it, thank you."
"That's not all."
She handed me a card. I opened it and sat on top was a small envelope, I put the envelop to the side as I read what was written inside.

Happy Birthday, I hope you have the best day!! Thank you for being an amazing friend
love Syd xxx

Happy Birthday Jazz, it seems like yesterday you confronted Shawn in the corridor and mugged him off infront of the whole school- best day ever!! Love Dan x

Happy Birthday Jazz!! Thank you for being such a great friend, I cannot wait to celebrate more birthdays with you.
Love Char xxx

Happy Birthday Jazz, I hope you have the best time in Amsterdam with Shawn, don't do anything I wouldn't do!! Love Jake x