forty six

Jazz's POV

The bell rang for the end of our last lesson and we all headed back to our dorms. As soon as I unlocked my room I collapsed straight onto my bed face first. I miss him. I got out my phone and decided to Face Time him. The call rang for a few seconds and then cut off. Just as I was about to try again a text came through on my phone.

From Shawn:
Sorry can't talk kinda busy, can I call you later?

To Shawn:
Okay

I decided to take a shower to take my mind off everything. Its mine and Shawn's one year anniversary today and I haven't seen him in over a month. As I got ready to step in the shower someone knocked on my door. I quickly wrapped a towel around me and answered it.
It was Gabby. "We're all going out to dinner tonight if you wanted to come."
"Thanks for the offer Gabs but I just want a quiet night in."
She could tell something was up. "You seem sad, are you ok?"
"Yeah its mine and Shawn's 1 year anniversary today but he's in New York."
"Is he not coming to see you?"
"He can't."
She paused for a moment. "Well instead of sitting here feeling sorry for yourself come out to dinner with us, it will be fun."
She had a point, why should I sit here and mope when I could spend time with my friends?
I smiled. "Okay."
"I'll see you at 7." She closed the door and I then got into the shower. I dried my hair after and then curled it. I then put on some makeup and got changed. I put on my newly clean white converse and then headed out to meet the others. We all met in the kitchen and waited for Gabby. She's always the last one. Once she joined us we all left and headed downstairs to wait for our taxi. When we got outside there was no taxi. Instead Shawn was stood holding a big bunch of beautiful flowers.  I immediately smiled. "What are you doing here?"
"Happy Anniversary." He pulled me in for a kiss and after I leant down to smell the flowers.
They smelt amazing.
"I thought you were busy."
"I was." He paused and then smirked. "I was busy trying to get through the airport."
I rolled my eyes jokingly.
He handed the flowers to Gabby and then it clicked. "Were you part of this?"
"Yes, now stop wasting your night standing here and go enjoy being with eachother."
He held out his hand and I took it. "Lets go."
We started to walk. "Where are we going?"
He smirked. "You'll see."
We were walking for about 15 minutes until we approached a similar diner to one we've been to before.
"This is-"
He cut me off. "The diner I took you to on our first date." He paused. "When you think of this diner what do you think about?"
"I think about that stupid bet and how upset I was."
"Well thats why I chose to come here. We need to replace those bad memories with good ones so that when you think of this diner you won't think about the bet instead you'll think about how I took you here for our 1 year anniversary and how we ate so much ice cream Sunday we passed out."
I chuckled. "I completely forgot I never got to try one."
"Until now."
We headed into the diner and sat at a booth.
The waitress came over and we ordered our food. Whilst we were waiting I told him all about everything I've learnt this semester and he told me all about the songs he has been writing for his EP.
"When do you think you'll finish it?"
"I don't know but it's almost done."
"Are there any songs about me?"
"You'll have to find that out yourself when it's released?"
"Are you nervous?"
"Terrified." He paused for a moment. "But when it gets released there's going to be a party and I want you to be there."
The waitress brought our food over and then we ate enjoying each others company. Once we finished our main we ordered dessert.
Shawn looked at the menu. "Do you want to share?"
"You said this place makes the best ice cream sundaes ever, I'm not sharing."
"Are you sure they are very filling?"
"I'm sure."
We ordered our Sundaes and as soon as they were brought over to our table I regretted not  choosing to share because they were huge.
Shawn looked over at me and smirked.
I examined my mountain of a sundae trying to find the best way to start and Shawn stared at me.
"Are you not going to start yours?" I asked.
"I want to see your reaction."
"Fine." I picked up the spoon, took a chunk of ice cream out and then placed it in my mouth. My eyes widened as I digested the mouthful.
He was right. "Oh my god."
"Isn't it just the best sundae you have ever tasted."
I took another chunk out and ate it.
"This sundae is so good I'm worried it will get me pregnant."
He chuckled and then took another scoop of his sundae. "I thought that was my job."
I kicked him under the table making him miss his mouth completely and smear ice cream all over his cheek. I burst into laughter and immediately got my phone out to take a picture. He wiped his mouth with a napkin, scrunched it up and then threw it at me.
After eating half of my sundae I stopped to take a sip of my drink.
"Is someone full?"
"Nope, I'm just having drink."
We both managed to finish our sundaes and then we headed out.
I started walking but stopped after a few steps.
Shawn turned to me. "What's wrong?"
"I'm full."
"I said you would be."
"Shut up and give me a piggyback home."
"What's the magic word?"
"Please."
He leant down and so I could jump on his back. I wrapped my legs around his waist and then he hoisted me up before continuing to walk.
When we got back we watched a film and halfway through he pulled me onto his lap.
I straddled him whilst he kissed my neck.
He moved his hands to the end of my shirt and began to tug at it. I slowly pulled my shirt off and then leant down to kiss him again.