thirty five

Shawn's POV

I parked outside and called dad from the car, he'll know what to do. He answered. "Hello."
"Hi Dad, I'm with Jazz in the car and her drink has been spiked. Do I take her to the ER?"
"Whats wrong with her?"
"Shes been hallucinating and she said she can't feel her legs."
"Where are you now?"
"Parked out front."
"I'll come down and see."
He came down and had a look at Jazz.
"I dont think she needs to go to the ER, I think she just needs to sleep it off."
"Okay, can you help me get her inside?"
We both carried Jazz into my room and sat her on my bed.
"I'll get some water." Dad said before heading downstairs.
I handed her one of my t shirts and she put it on whilst I helped her get into a pair of my shorts. I then helped her into bed and soon after dad came back with a glass of water. I placed it on the side and then followed him back in the hallway.
"How did she get spiked?"
"Someone slipped something in her drink."
"Do you know what it was?"
"I have no idea."
"Well she's very lucky you were there to help, it could've been worse. Get some sleep you look exhausted and I'll check what's she's like in the morning."
"Thanks."

***

I woke up the next morning and headed to the gym. When I got back Jazz was still asleep so I quietly took a shower. Once I finished I put on some sweatpants and dried my hair with a towel.  When I walked back into my bedroom Jazz had woken up. She was sitting crossed legged on her phone.
"How you feeling?" I asked rummaging through my drawers looking for a t shirt to put on.
"I'm alright."
I put a t shirt on and sat down infront of her "How are your legs?"
"They're a lot better. What did Lyndsey even give me?"
"I don't know but it could've been a lot worse."
She rested her head on my shoulder. "Thank you for looking after me."
I kissed her forehead gently. "That's what I'm here for."
She smiled at me but her attention was soon drawn away by a knock on the door.
"Yeah." I shouted signalling for them to come in.
"How's the patient?" Dad joking said as he entered.
"I'm feeling a lot better, thank you." Jazz answered.
Dad checked her over and when he left Jazz turned to me.
"Can you take me home?"
"Why? Is everything ok?"
"I'm going to hurl and I really don't want to in my boyfriends parents bathroom."
I laughed. "I'll take you home."

***

I drove to Jazz's and we got there just in time. She ran into the bathroom and I followed.
I held her hair back and rubbed her back as she threw up most of the alcohol from last night.
I got her some water and she drank a few sips still on the bathroom floor. "I really don't feel good." I sat down and meant against the side of the bath. "My dad said you'll have some bad side effects, this is probably just one of them."
She nodded.
"Do you wanna get up or stay here?" I asked.
She laid down on the floor and rested her head on my leg. "Here."

***

We stayed on the bathroom floor for the remainder of the day. Everytime she was sick I held her hair back and stroked her back and when she was done being sick she would lay back down on me and sleep. Someone told me once that if you wet some paper towel and put it on the back of someone's neck who is being sick it cools them down so I did the same for Jazz. When she was done throwing up I helped her get changed and put her into bed. She had become weak from not eating anything all day.
I was about to put my shoes on when she stopped me. "Are you going?"
"Yeah, I thought I should head home and let you rest but I'll come back tomorrow." I kissed her on the head and then left.

***

I got up the next day with one thing on my mind, confronting Lyndsey. I drove to her house and rang the door bell.
She answered.
"Can I talk to you?" I said in a harsh tone.
"Of course babe." She ran her hands up my chest. "You can have anything you want?"
"I know it was you who spiked Jazz's drink."
She pouted. "Why would I do such a thing?"
I pushed her hands off me. "Don't give me that bullshit! What drug did you use?"
"I don't know what you're talking about."
She went to walk inside but I grabbed her arm before she could. "Tell me."
"Keep going, we both know I love it when you get rough."
I immediately dropped her arm and she began to move her hands up my chest again. "How about me and you take this upstairs and give us another shot? I know you want me and you know I want you."
I looked her in the eye. "What drug did you spike Jazz's drink with?"
She dropped her arms and sighed. "It was just some pills I got off someone."
"What pills?"
"I don't know what they were called, probably date rape or something."
As soon as the words.'"Date rape" came out of her mouth I snapped. "Are you serious!!! She could've been assaulted or even worse raped."
"Of course not! I was told to use two but I only used one so I knew she'd be okay."
I scoffed and shook my head.
"So what do you say?" She asked breaking the silence.
"To what?" I questioned.
"To us."'
"Is that all you care about?"
She didn't say anything
"That's low Lynsey even for you! And I told you, I have a girlfriend."
With that I left.