fifty eight

I handed in my notice and worked my last shift. The only person that I've told about Julliard is Naomi and my parents. I kinda had to tell Naomi as I can't work at Olive Garden anymore and my parents were the first people I told.
"Thank you for having me."
Naomi hugged me. "It's been a pleasure. Good luck in New York."
I took my apron off for the last time and headed out of the door. I drove home and then quickly got changed before I left to meet the others at the beach. I'm telling them tonight. I can't keep this secret any longer.
Shawn picked me up and we drove to the beach. I grabbed my phone and then got out, Shawn locked the car behind us.
He wrapped his arm around me as we walked. "Are you okay? You've been quiet ever since I picked you up?"
"I'm fine, I'm just tired from work." Lie.
We met the others and they had already set the BBQ up. We sat down and Shawn helped Dan and Jake cook.
Me and Char had a veggie hot dog and the others had proper hot dogs. We watched the sunset as we ate and it was beautiful, I had to take a photo and everyone laughed as soon as I did.
"What?" I questioned.
"Have you ever watched a sunset and not taken a photo?" Sid said.
"No."
They all chuckled.
"Why would I not take a photo?"
Shawn turned to me. "We're just messing with you." He stood up. "I'm gunna get my hoodie from the car, do you want your sweater?"
"Yes please." I replied looking up to him.
When he left I decided it was time to tell the others.
"I have to tell you something that I haven't told Shawn yet and you have to promise not to tell him."
"Oh my god. You're pregnant!" Sid said.
The others laughed and I scoffed. "No. I got offered a place a Julliard and I took it."
They all went silent.
"So I'm moving to New York."
Syd was the first one to congratulate me and soon the others did too.
"Why havent you told Shawn?" Dan asked.
"I'm going to but I want to tell him when we're alone and the time is right."
We carried on talking about Julliard until Shawn came back and when he did everyone stopped talking.
"What's wrong?" Shawn said sitting down.
"Nothing." I said.
He handed me my sweater. "Okay."
There was still a silence. "Seriously what's up?" He asked knowing something was different. Before he could ask any more questions Syd spoke up changing the subject. "Let's go skinny dipping." She suggested.
"No way!" Char replied.
"Come on! It will be fun." Syd replied enticingly.
Char shook her head.
Syd looked at me. "I'm down." I said.
"We're in public." Char pointed out.
"It's pitch black. No one will see." Syd said before she turned to the guys. "You down?"
"Three girls taking their clothes off. I'm in." Dan said.
Shawn and Jake both agreed and we all looked at Char. She hesitated. "Fine but only if we go in and then take everything off."
"Where's the fun in that." I said standing up. I undone the buttons on my shorts before sliding them off my legs. Thank god I put my nice underwear on this morning. I then grabbed the end of my top and pulled it off before turning to the others. "If you don't do it I'll just go in by myself."
Everyone stood up and took their clothes off until they were only down to their underwear.
"I can't believe we're doing this." Jake said.
I unclipped my bra from behind. "On the count of three....1, 2, 3."
I let my bra fall to the ground and ran straight into the water covering my chest with one of my arms. Everyone followed after and soon we all hit the cold water.
We all messed around until the boys got out.
I waited until Shawn put clothes back on and then shouted to him. "Take a picture of us."
He got my phone out of my shorts pocket and held it up. We all turned so we were facing he out to the sea and all of us held our hands up. We took another photo holding hands and another with us all wrapping our arms wrapped around eachother. Suddenly people started walking along the beach with torches so we quickly ran out. I picked up my clothes and pulled shawn's hoodie over me. It just covers my bum so it's my quickest and best option to get off this beach as fast as I can. I grabbed Shawn's hand and we all ran to the car laughing.
"That's was close." Shawn said through laughter.
We all sat in our cars and rolled the front windows down so we could talk to each other. I posted the picture of me, Syd and Char all holding hands to instagram and captioned it "my gals 🤍"
The others left shortly after but me and Shawn decided to stay a little longer. The car park was empty and no one was to be seen so I climbed onto Shawn's lap and straddled him.
"Did I tell you how incredibly hot you look in my hoodie?" He said.
I smiled and then pressed my lips against his. He kisses back and slips his tongue into my mouth. My hands move to the back of his neck and his sit at my hips. I decide to pull away and drop myself down on him as I start to grind my body onto his slowly. I feel him stiffen under me and his hands continue to move me slowly.
Our lips reconnect as my body is still grinding on him. I bring my hands from his shoulders to his pants and unbuckle them. He pulls away. "Here?"
I nodded.
"Are you still on the pill because I haven't got any-"
I cut him off. "Yes."
He brings his lips back to mine and his hand pushes my underwear to the side..

***

I adjust my underwear and move back into the passenger seat. Shawn catches his breath back and turns to me. "Open the glove box by your legs." I pull the handle and sitting in it was a small box. I pick it up. "Is this for me?"
He nodded. "Open it."
I smile and as I open the box revealing what's inside my face drops. Sitting in the box is the ring I showed Shawn once that looks identical to the ring my grandad used to have. I picked it up and examined it. "Where did you get this?"
"From the store we found a few months ago. The day after you saw it I went in and bought it."
"That must've cost you a lot."
"I knew it meant something to you."
I was in shock. "Shawn. I can't accept this."
"Yes you can." He got a leather cord out of his pocket and took the ring from me. He undone the cord and threaded the ring through it. "I thought if you didn't want to wear it on one of your fingers you could wear it like a necklace." He put the necklace on me and I didn't know what to say.
"I decided to give it to you today because I wanna ask you a question."
"What question?" I asked.
"Finish my tour with me?"
"What?" I asked.
"Come travel around Europe with me. We can finally add more pins to the world
map hung above your bed and we can go sightseeing on the days I haven't got a show."
He took my hand in his. "Let's travel the world together."
"I can't." I responded.
His face dropped. "Why?"
I hesitated. "I'm moving to new york"