thirty one

I finished unpacking the last box and then stacked it by the door. I took a deep breath after and stood back to examine my new room for the next 3 years. After I unpacked I decided to go down to one of the practice rooms to dance. I tied my hair back in a loose pony, put on some sports leggings, a sport bra and a zip through hoodie. I stretched and then plugged my phone into the speaker. I pressed shuffle and moved my body to the rhythm of the music. I made my way over to the mirror and mirrored some steps. Suddenly "Hands On Me" by Ariana started to played through the speaker making me smile. I learnt the dance routine to hands on me after I saw Ariana live. Its one of my favourite songs and the choreography is so unique. I began and moved around using all the space in the practice room. Halfway through the song I realised Tom was standing at the door. I quickly turned the music off and walked towards him. "How long have you been standing there?" He smirked. "About a minute."
"So you saw all that?"
"Yeah."
I put my head down to hide my red cheeks. "Oh my god."
"Don't be embarrassed, you looked hot." He closed the door. "How are you getting on?"
"I'm good, I was just getting some practice in before the others came back." I said trying to catch my breath.
"I was just on my way to your room. Mom says you haven't had a tour of the school yet?"
"I haven't no."
"Well then I will be your tour guide." He said holding his arm out waiting for me to take it.
I took my phone out of the speaker and then picked up my bag placing it over my shoulder. I then took his arm and we headed out.
"Where do you want to go first? The dance rooms or the school rooms?"
I bit my lip. "Dance rooms please." I was so excited to see what this place had.
He took me to the first room which looked identical to the one I was just in.
"There are a total of 5 practice rooms and they all look like this. You'll have most of your lessons in these rooms."
He then took me into a bigger room, it was a lecture room, it had chairs and desks all seated on 5 different levels in a horse shoe like shape. At the front was the teachers desk and beside it on the wall was a smart board.
"You'll have 2 theory lessons a week and they will be in here, its mainly just taking notes and typing on laptops."
We left the lecture room and walked to another. Tom placed his hand on the handle. "I think this is will be the room you'll love the most."
He opened the door and revealed a music room. My jaw dropped. It was the biggest music room I have ever seen. It was full of instruments but one stood out to me. Sitting in the corner was a grand piano. It was wooden and a few of the keys were broken. Although it was old it stood out from the rest of the instruments, all the instruments were clearly new but this piano was old, over 100 years old. I walked straight over to it and sat down on the stool. I ran my fingers across it feeling the old wood beneath my finger tips.
"We have an newer piano, it's in one of the practice rooms."
"Can I play it?"
"Sure."
I pressed my fingers along the keys and played a tune I knew off by heart. The sound of the old piano was unique and made me smile.
Shortly after we headed to the next room. "This is the auditorium, you will perform and take practical exams in here."
I walked in and stood on the edge of the stage looking at all the seats. It was huge.
Tom stood beside me. "What are you thinking?"
"I have actual chills."
He took my hand in his. "I have one more room to show you."
He guided me to the last room.
"What's this?" I asked.
"This is the common room."
He showed me the room and it had everything you could ever need in it. It had couches, drinks machines, vending machines, a pool table, a tv, you name it, it had it.
"What do people do here? Just hang out?" I asked.
"Yeah, and other stuff." He smirked and I felt my cheeks go red.
After we left the common room Tom took me around the school classrooms. They were similar to the ones back at my old school but a lot smarter. Once he showed me all the rooms he took me back to my room and we ordered pizza.
"When will the others get here?" I asked picking up the last slice of pizza.
"Everyone has to be back in school at 9."
"So we leave after school on Friday's and then come back for 9pm on Sunday's?"
"Yep, it will take a while to get used to but you'll be fine."
I took a deep breath. "I'm nervous."
"Why?" He said finishing his mouthful.
"What if the girls don't like me."
"They will!"
"How do you know?"
"They loved you at Chris' party."
I scoffed. "I was drunk remember."
"I'll speak to Gabby when she gets here, she'll look after you."
"Who's Gabby?"
"She's head girl."
We finished our pizza and then Tom went off somewhere. After he left I picked up my phone and checked it. I replied to a few texts, read some emails and checked my Twitter and Instagram. Before I locked it Shawn's face popped up on the screen, he was face timing me. I accepted it. The call took a few seconds to connect before the screen finally changed.
I smiled and sat on my bed. "Hi."
"Hey, hows moving day?" He said with the hugest smile on his face.
"It's great, hows Magcon?"
"We landed about an hour ago?"
"Who's with you?"
He panned the camera around and introduced me to everyone. They all said hi but they were busy on their phones.
"What are you up to?" He asked.
"I'm waiting to meet some of the girls."
As soon as I said the word girls someone took Shawn's phone off him. "I heard girls, what girls?"
"Give it back Cam." Shawn said taking his phone back.
I laughed. "Yeah I think we're gonna hang out tonight and hopefully I'll get to know them a little better."
"What's your room like?"
I panned the camera around and showed him it.
"We're going out somewhere to eat and then I think we're meeting with Bart downstairs to discuss tomorrow."
"Are you nervous?" I asked.
"Very, what about you."
"Very." I could hear Tom's voice coming down the hall.
I sat up. "Shawn I've got to go."
"Okay, I'll text you later."
"Okay." I quickly hung up the call and locked my phone.
Tom knocked on the door.
"Come in." I shouted.
"Come with me." He held his hand out and I took it. He took me downstairs and we headed towards a group of girls, I recognised some of them from the party the other week.
"You must be Jazz, I'm Gabby" She pulled me in for a hug. Gabby introduced me to all the girls and shortly after Tom left. We decided to go back to my room to get to know eachother.
As we were walking Gabby turned to me. "So what's going on between you and Tom?"
"How did you-"
She cut me off. "I can tell."
"Nothing, he's just taken me on a few dates."