thirty three

We met the others outside and all went to breakfast. Once we finished eating breakfast we said goodbye to the guys and headed home. We spent the rest of the day at Jake's. We went in his pool and finished off on the couch watching films. It got to 8 and I had to leave soon. I didn't want to go but our curfew is 9 on Sunday's.
"What time did you tell your mum to get you?" Syd asked.
"8:30." I replied.
Shawn cut in. "Tell her there's no need, I'll take you."
"It's fine, she doesn't mind."
"I wanna see your apartment. I'm the only one who hasn't seen it."
"Okay."
When it got to half 8 I said goodbye to the others and me and Shawn left. He drove me back to school and then came up with me to see my apartment. All there was to see was my room and the kitchen so it wasn't that interesting. We decided to sit on my bed and play cards. We played cheat and then I taught him solitaire.
"Why don't we make this more interesting." He said with a slight smirk.
"I don't like the sound of that."
"How about we play go fish and every time one of us has to go fish the other has to chose which piece of clothing they take off."
"Isn't the whole taking your clothes off thing for poker."
"Yeah but I can't play poker."
I laughed. "Well we can't."
"Why?"
I packed the cards away and put them back in my drawer. "We just can't."
He shuffled forward and sat on the end of my bed. I sat on top of him and he stared at me for a few seconds before leaning his head in closer to mine. Just as our lips were about to touch he stopped. "Be my girlfriend."
I pulled away. "What?"
"I like you, more than I've liked anyone and you clearly like me back."
"What are you saying?" I asked.
He smiled. "Be my girlfriend."
I had no idea what to say but before I could even open my mouth the fire alarm suddenly went off making me and Shawn both jump to our feet. I reassured him. "It's just a test, they said we'll have one this week." I headed over to the window and opened it. We aren't allowed visitors after 9 so he couldn't be caught. He climbed onto the roof and faced me. "What's your answer?"
He's really asking me this now??
"I'll think about it." I said shutting the window. I watched him jump off the roof and run to his car before shutting the window. I then quickly put on some shoes and grabbed my jacket. I headed outside with everyone else and lined up in the middle of the car park.

***

Mum picked me up Wednesday and took me home. I was nervous. Going home was great but it increased my chance of bumping into Shawn. I thought about what he said a lot.
Thankfully Naomi asked me to work late this evening so I can atleast avoid him today. I'm working 7-11 so I'm closing up.

***

Naomi had to leave at 10:30 so it was just me closing up. There's supposed to be two people when closing but the other girl didn't turn up.
She left me a key so all I had to do was take out the bins, wipe down all the tables, mop the floor, check the toilets and cash up. I checked the toilets first, it's the worst job so I always do that first, I then took all the bins out and replaced the bin bags. I grabbed some spray and a cloth from the cleaning cupboard and then started to clean the tables. I decided to put my earphones in and listen to some music, we're not usually allowed to that but no one else was here so why not. I pressed shuffle and started to wipe down each table.

***

Shawn's POV

I made my way over to Olive Garden and stood at the window for a moment watching her. She was cleaning tables but each time she sprayed the table and wiped it she moved her feet like she was dancing. I realised soon after that she had her earphones in and she spun around a few times making me laugh. She looked so cute dancing to her music and I studied her lips for a moment. I opened the door which immedietly made her jump. She pulled her earphones out. "What are you doing here?"
"I wanted to see you?"
"Why?"
"I need to talk to you."
She cut me off before I could say anything else. "You can't be here, Naomi would flip if she found out."
"Syd told me one of the waitresses called in sick so maybe I could help?"
She sighed an looked around the room. "The chairs all need stacking."
"Got it." I stacked all the chairs and then all that was left to do was mop the floor so I did that whilst she cashed up. She counted all the money up, put it into a grey box and then locked the grey box in a safe. She then grabbed her bag and jacket out of the staff room and came back.
"All finished." I asked.
"Yep."
We left and she locked up.

Jazz's POV

"Are you hungry?" Shawn asked as we got into his car. I scoffed. "Very."
"What do you fancy?"
I thought for a moment. "I've been graving frozen yogurt all day."
"Frozen yogurt it is."
He drove us to the closest frozen yogurt store. I ordered some frozen yogurt with melted chocolate, honey comb pieces, kiwi slices and strawberry slices on top, it was honestly the best frozen yogurt I've had.
Shawn ordered his after me.
"Are you eating out or taking away?" The man behind the counter asked.
"Taking away." Shawn replied.
I turned to him. "I thought we were eating in?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Because I'm taking you somewhere."
"Where?"
"You'll see."

***

"Where are we going?" I asked but Shawn just smiled and carried on driving.
We pulled up to a large car park on the end of a field and parked next to a pile of hay stacks.
"What are we doing here?" I asked.
"Whenever I need to think this is the place I go, it has some of the best sunsets and it's a great place to write lyrics."
It was a clear night and there were no clouds in the sky. I immediately opened the car door and climbed onto the roof.
"What are you doing?" Shawn asked taking off his seatbelt.
"Look how clear the stars are, I wanna lay down and watch them." I replied.
Shawn said nothing and climbed onto the roof with me. We layed next to each other looking up at the sky.
"Wow." I said under my breath.
We sat and watched the stars for a little while longer. Shortly after Shawn turned to me. "So do you have an answer for me?"
"To what?"
He raised his eyebrows at me. "You know what."
I didn't say anything.
He sat up. "Why won't you give me an answer?"
I sat up. "I don't know."
"What do you mean you don't know?"
"I don't know."
"Why can't we just try it and see where things go?"
I thought for a moment.
He cut in. "What are you scared of?"
"If we did get together what if we break up? That would ruin not only our friendship but the others too. Shawn we've only just become friends again since the whole bet thing and I don't wanna ruin what we have."
"Then we won't break up."
I laughed. "I'm serious."
"Let's just see where things go and if we do break up you'll get Sid and I'll get Dan."
I smiled. "Okay."
"Is that a yes?"
I bit my lip. "Yes."
He face lit up and he kissed me. The kiss had so much passion and kissing him felt so good I never wanted it to end. I held his face and before kiss could get too heated I placed my thumb on his lip. "Before we do anything else I need to speak to Tom."
He sighed. "You're killing me."
"I'm sorry but it's just for a little while. I have to tell him."
"Ok." 
We got back into his car and he dropped me home. He gave me a kiss good night and then walked towards his car. I placed my hand on the door handle "Good night."
"Good night." He gave me the cutest smile and then waited for me to go in before he left.
I went straight upstairs and got ready for bed. I couldn't help but smile as I got changed. Once I got into my bed my phone started buzzing. I took it off the side expecting it to be either Syd or Shawn.

Incoming call from Tom...

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Sorry I took so long uploading this chapter. I've had a crazy week!

I've finally moved into my new flat and my flatmates are all SO nice,
I love them!

Thank you so much for over 300k reads💛
My reads go up everyday and its honestly crazy!

Don't forget to vote and feel free to leave a comment.

Also don't forget to follow my Instagram for more updates

Instagram: heartofshawnx