forty three

"What?" I asked him.
"I love you."
I didn't say anything
"I love your eyes." He said looking at me. "I love the way you laugh and the cute dimples you get when you smile. I love your lips." He ran his thumb against them. "I love how confident you are. I love your hair....your skin." He paused. "I love you."
Before I could say anything Grandad approached us. "Sorry to steal your lady away Shawn but can I dance with my granddaughter?"
"You sure can." He said releasing his arms.
Grandad then took my hand and we danced.
I rested my head on his chest as we swayed to the music. I didn't say anything, I was in shock.
"You seem quiet? Is everything okay flower?"
I looked up at him. "Yeah I'm just thinking."
"What about?"
"Shawn."
"Is everything ok?"
I nodded and then rested my head back on his chest. We carried on dancing until the song finished. I couldn't get what Shawn said out of my head and I needed to speak to someone. I knew Shawn was waiting for me at our table so I quickly headed into the toilets without him seeing me. I checked to see if they were empty then locked myself in a cubicle and sat down. I got my phone out and rang Syd. She answered immediately which surprised me but then I remembered the 5 hour time difference. "Hey, how's the wedding?"
"Its great but Shawn just told me something and now I don't know what to do."
"What did he tell you?"
"He told me he loved me."
"What!"
I bit my finger. "I know."
"What did you say?"
"I didn't say anything, my Grandad came and took me away to dance before I could."
"Shit."
"Yeah."
"What do you wanna say?"
"I don't know."
"Do you love him?"
I didn't say anything.
"Do you?"
"I don't know."
"How do you not know?"
"If I say I love you now after he said it he'll think I'm just saying it because he said it."
"Do you think it's too soon?"
"We haven't been together that long."
"You always do this, stop overthinking." I heard a russling in the background "My shift starts soon Jazz so I've got to go but good luck."
"Thank you."
"Call me tomorrow."
"Will do."
She put the phone down. I unlocked the door and stood looking in the mirror. I took a deep breath and then exited the bathroom. I looked at our table but he wasn't there.
"Jazz." My eyes shifted as Mum called me from the dance floor, she pointed to Shawn who was dancing with Lacey. She had her feet on Shawn's and they were dancing like Ross and all the children at Monica and Chandlers wedding. After he was finished dancing he spotted me and then made his way over to me.
He took a deep breath. "Hi."
I didn't say anything I just kissed him.
He pulled away. "What was that for?"
"I love you too. And I'm not just saying it because you said it."
"I didn't think that." He smiled and then suddenly lifted me off the floor and spun me around. "Are you sure?"
"Yes, I love you."
He kissed me again and I could feel him smile against my lips making me smile. Our kiss was interrupted when my auntie Julia informed us that both Lacey and Aidan wanted to play hide and seek with Shawn before they go to bed.
"Okay." Shawn covered his eyes and began to count, they both screamed and ran to hide somewhere making me giggle. I sat down and watched Shawn as he pretended he couldn't see both Lacey or Aidan even though they were in the worst hiding  places where everyone could see them. As I was lost in my thoughts Mum approached me.
"Me and Dad are going to bed now, we'll see you tomorrow."
I got up and hugged them both. When dad stared walking away I pulled mum over to one side. "Shawn told me he loved me."
"What did you say back?"
"I said I loved him too and you were right, I didn't know I did until I felt it."
She pulled me in for another hug but this one lasted longer. "I'm so happy for you."
"Thank you."
She looked over at Shawn. "He's a good guy."
I smiled. "He's perfect."
She gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Goodnight."
"See you tomorrow."
Once they left I found Shawn. He was talking to Liam at the bar.
"Did Lacey and Aidan go to bed?" I asked.
"Yeah."
I turned Shawn. "Can we go?"
"Sure." He pulled Liam in for a hug and then kissed Steph on the cheek. "Congratulations again."
I then hugged them both. "I'm very happy for you."
Shawn took my hand in his and we walked to our room. I locked the door behind us, threw my bag on the bed and took off my heels.
Shawn sat on the end of the bed and undone his tie and the top 3 buttons of his shirt.
I turned around and then felt his hand undo the zip on my dress. He pulled it down all the way and then gently slid it off my body.
I turned back around, he snaked his arms around me and pressed his lips against mine lightly. "Say it again."
"Say what again?" I teased.
He pressed his head against mine lightly. "You
know what."
"I love you."'I whispered.
He smiled and then kissed me once more. "I love you."
He gave me the look. I wrapped my arms sound his neck. "Can we just go to sleep tonight. I'm so tired."
"Of course." He lets go of me and I head into the bathroom to remove my makeup.
"You owe me shower sex in the morning."
I walked back out and grabbed the nearest pillow to me. I threw it at him. It hit him in the face and he laughed. Once I finished in the bathroom Shawn want in and got ready. He climbed into bed with me and wrapped his arms around me as we slept.

***AUTHORS NOTE***

SURPRISE CHAPTER!!!

I told you I couldn't leave you hanging for long.

I understand this chapter may be inappropriate for some readers so please don't comment anything if you don't like it. I will always warn you when there will be smut so if you don't like it please just skip it.

This chapter was so hard to write but I think it's one of the best ones I've written yet.

Also it's snowing really bad where I live right now and if it continues I might not be able to go home for the weekend, which sucks because it's my best friend and my mums birthday😭

Anyway here's the next chapter, please vote and feel free to comment💛

Instagram: heartofshawnx