twenty seven

I got ready for work in the morning and then headed off. I got in and put on my apron as usual. Before I even moved anywhere Syd grabbed my arm. "Whats this I hear about Shawn being your fake boyfriend?"
That didn't take long. "How did you find out?" I whispered to her.
"Shawn asked Dan for advice and then Dan obviously told me."
"Advice?" I questioned.
"Like what to wear and stuff.
I rolled my eyes. "You chose his outfit didn't you?"
"Yes, but he would've wore a flannel and jeans if I didn't step in."
I laughed "Well thank you."
"So, did anything happen?" She asked.
I smirked. "Maybe."
"Spill."
"We kissed."
"No way! What was it like?"
"It was soft but passionate at the same time."
"Do you like him?"
Before I could answer we got called into the kitchen.

***

We continued to work throughout the day. I picked up some dirty plates that were left on the back tables and dropped them off to Syd who was washing up. When I walked back the door opened with Dan, Jake and Shawn entering after. I could feel my mouth immediately smile. I looked around to see if anyone else was out the front with me but they were all in the back. I gave them a few minutes to sit down and look at the menu like I do with every other customer. After they had plenty of time to decide what they wanted to order I headed over to the table.
"Are you ready to order?" As soon as I spoke Shawn eyes met with mine and he gave me the biggest smile making my heart melt.
"We will have 3 cokes and I'll have a blt, Jake will have the spag bowl and Shawn will just have some chips."
"Is that all?" I asked.
He looked at the others and they nodded. I ripped off the order and collected their menus.
Before I walked away Dan spoke again. "Where's Syd?"
"She's in the back, we have to swap soon so she'll be out here after I take the bins out." I took the order to the chef and called it out. I then made their drinks and placed all three drinks on the table.
"When do you finish?" Shawn asked.
"5" I replied, I wanted to ask him why but Naomi called me over to throw the bins away.
I undone my apron and grabbed the two bin bags sitting by the back door. I grabbed the handles and threw them into the bin brushing my hands off after before turning back. When I turned around Shawn was standing in front of me making me jump. I immediately put my hand on my chest. "Don't do that."
"Sorry, I had to see you." He placed his hands on my hips and slowly pushed me against the wall as he planted soft kisses on my neck.
I let out soft moans. "Could we do this somewhere that's not right next to bins?"
He laughed and pulled his head up. "What are you doing tonight?"
"Other than watching TV with my parents, nothing."
He grabbed my hands and lifted them up intertwining his fingers with mine. "Would you like to go on a date with me?"
I squinted my eyes slightly. "But we went out yesterday?"
"So.."
"Ok." I couldn't help but smile.
He sealed the date with a kiss leaving our hands wandering all over each other but we were suddenly cut off by Naomi bringing more bins out. "Oi you two love birds I need Jazz back working." I laughed and Shawn gave me one last kiss before walking off.
Naomi chucked me a bag and I threw it in the bin.
"Whos that?" She asked.
"No one." I could feel my cheeks turn red.
"Well you look good together." She winked at me and then walked back in.
I took a deep breath and put my head in my hands. "Oh my god."

***

I got home and decided on what I should wear. As I didn't get to wear my yellow mini skirt and black square neck top last night I'll wear them tonight. I got a text from Shawn when I left off work saying to be ready at 6 which only gave me an hour to get ready but that was plenty. I curled my hair and put on some light makeup. The doorbell rang but before I could get it dad answered it. I heard them talking as I approached the stairs. I decided to wear my usual white converse. I walked down the stairs and grabbed dads hand at the last two so he could help me down.
Dad pulled me in for a kiss on the cheek "You look beautiful."
"Thank you, I'll send you a text when I'm on my way home."
Before we left Dad and Shawn shook hands once more "Nice to see you again sir."
Their shake broke and then Shawn took my hand and lead me out the door.
"So where are we going?" I asked walking to his car.
"You'll see." He opened the car door shutting it after I sat down and then ran over to his side.
We pulled up to a place called George Street Diner.
"This may not be the most romantic restaurant but it does the best ice cream sundaes."
Shawn let me sit down first and then he sat opposite me. The waitress came over shortly after and we ordered what we wanted.
I ordered a blt and Shawn ordered a burger. As soon as I told the waitress my order Shawn questioned it "Blt?"
"I don't know, the one Dan had today looked pretty good so I thought I'd try one for myself."
There was a slight pause. "How's the whole vine thing going?"
"Great, I have 50,000 followers now."
My eyes widened. "Wow Shawn, that's incredible!"
"I know, but I'm stuck on what song  i should upload next."
"Show me." I held out my hand and he gave his phone to me.
I pressed play on the first video, it was a cover of. "As Long As You Love Me" by Justin Bieber.
The second video was a cover of Give me Love by Ed Sheeran.
Both videos took my breath away, he is so talented.
I looked at him. "Which video do you prefer?"
"I like both."
I handed his phone back. "Watch them again and choose the one that speaks of you the most."
He watched them and paused for a moment.
"I'm going to go with Justin."
"You overthink things way too much, just go with what you think, not what everyone else thinks."
It wasn't long before our food came out. I ate my blt quicker than I thought I would but it was the best sandwich I've ever had.
I stared at Shawn for a moment.
"What?"
I looked at his chips and gave him the most puppy dog face I could.
"You want some of my chips don't you."
I fluttered my eyelashes. "Pleaseeeeeeee."
He pushed his plate forward giving me permission to take some.
Once our plates were taken away we ordered dessert. I went for the honeycomb sundae and Shawn went for the chocolate one.
I looked around the diner. "So is this your go to diner"
"Always, it's the only diner I go to."
"Is that because it's the only one or?"
"It's because it's so good it kicks all the others diners in the ass."
I laughed. "That blt was pretty good."
"You wait till you try the sundae." He placed his hand on the edge of the table and re adjusted  himself in his seat. "Ew" he yelled out.
"What?"
"I just put my hand in gum."
I laughed. "Gross."
"I need to wash my hands, I'll be back in a bit." He got up and headed to the bathroom.
I got my phone out and checked my messages.
Across the table Shawn's phone buzzed. I tried not to look but I couldn't help myself.

From Jake:
Have you banged her yet?💦

I picked up his phone and swiped to unlock it, I read the text and scrolled up to the messages before.

To Jake:
Not yet, I'm waiting for the right moment

From Jake:
Hurry up man, this bet isn't gonna last forever!

To Jake:
I'm on it! she's so easy to get, she's practically thirsty for it😂

I could feel a lump in my throat as my eyes watered. I can't believe I actually fell for it.
Shawn returned to the table but before he sat down I stood up.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"You got a text from Jake."
After the words left my mouth his eyes immediately widened.
"You might wanna text him back." I slammed his phone into his chest, grabbed my jacket and walked out. I didn't know what to do, I felt like crying but I was too angry. I ran all the way home, as soon as I got upstairs I couldn't hold back the tears any longer. I grabbed my phone and rang the first person I could think of. I rang Syd. She came over and I told her everything. I felt so stupid. We ate chocolate and watched films to take my mind of everything. Halfway through the second film my phone went off, it was Shawn.
"I can't." I handed her my phone, I was too angry to even think about him. She read the text and then put my phone down. Straight after my phone blew up with more messages.

From Shawn:
Jazz, please ring me

From Shawn:
I can explain everything

From Shawn:
I'm sorry

From Shawn:
Please talk to me

I grabbed my phone and rang him. He answered straight away. "Jazz I can explain."
"Don't bother and stop texting me, I don't want to see or talk to you!" Before he could say anything else I hung up.