thirty eight

"Now?" I asked.
"Well after we've finished our drinks."
"Can I atleast get changed first?"
"Why?"
"Because I want to look nice."
"You look beautiful as you are now."
"Nope, that's not working, you're taking me home so I can get ready whether you like it or not."
After we finished our drinks he took me home so I could get ready. As soon as I got upstairs I rang Syd for advice on what to wear but she didn't answer, I think she's working a late shift tonight. I quickly ran into mums room to ask for her advice.
"Mum."
"Yes." She answered.
"When you first met Dad's parents what did you wear?"
"That was a long time ago but I remember I wore a long sleeve jumper and skirt. Why are you asking me this? Are you meeting Shawn's parents tonight?"
I bit my lip. "I might be."
"How exciting, let's have a rummage through your closet and see what we can find."
After a good 15 minutes of searching through my closet we picked out a black skirt and a white high neck long sleeve top.
I put on same black tights and tucked the top into the skirt to show mum.
"How do I look?"
"That's perfect."
I quickly curled my hair and touched up my makeup. I decided to contour my cheeks and put on the dark lip colour mum gave me.
I waited for Shawn to pick me up and my heart was beating so fast.
What if they don't like me? They've met me before but that was before I was his girlfriend.
My thoughts were suddenly interpreted by the sound of the doorbell ringing. I grabbed my leather jacket and looked in the mirror one last time. Mum let Shawn in so I headed downstairs to meet them.
"Hi." He pulled me in for a kiss. "Are you ready?"
I took a deep breath. "Yep."
As Shawn opened the door I gave mum a hug "You'll be fine." She whispered in my ear giving me some reassurance.
"I want her home by 10." Mum jokingly said.
"Will do Mrs Smith." Shawn let me walk out first and he followed after.
We got into his jeep and drove to his house.
I was so nervous I didn't say anything for the car ride and Shawn noticed. We pulled onto Shawn's drive. After we parked Shawn turned to me. "Are you okay? You've been silent ever since we got in the car."
"I'm just nervous." I replied.
"Why?"
"What if your parents hate me?"
"They won't, they'll love you."
"You don't know that."
"Yes I do."
He took my hand in his and kissed it before undoing his seatbelt and getting out. I took a deep breath and got out. I walked around the front of his jeep and met him at the front door. He knocked on the door before opening it.
"I'm back." He shouted as he entered.
I followed on after and Karen was the first person to greet us. She pulled me in for a hug "Lovely to see you again Jazz."
"And you Mrs Mendes."
"Please call me Karen."
"Sorry."
"I hope you like lasagna because I've made plenty."
I smiled. "I love lasagna"
"Good."
"Where is Aaliyah?" Shawn asked.
"She's at a friends house so it's just you, me, your dad and Jazz for dinner tonight."
Just as she said that Manny walked in.
"Did someone mention lasagna?"
Me, Shawn and Karen all laughed.
Manny looked at me. "You must be Jasmine."
"Hi." I held my hand out.
He took my hand and shook it. I took my shoes and coat off and then followed Karen into the kitchen.
"What drink would you like?" She asked.
"I'll just have a coke if you have one."
"I have two boys in the house of course I have a coke."
I chuckled and then took my drink to the table after she poured it for me. I sat down next to Shawn and he quietly asked me if I was ok.
I smiled. "I'm fine."
Shortly after Karen brought the lasagna out and Manny followed with the vegetables. It all smelled amazing. Karen dished up everyone's plates and we all started to eat.
Manny spoke up first. "Shawn tells us you're from England."
I took a sip of my coke. "I am."
"Where abouts?"
"I used to live about 2 hours away from London."
"Karen used to live in Dorset."
"I've been there, it's a beautiful place."
"Why did you move to Canada?" Karen asked.
"My mum got a job promotion and in order for her to take it we had to move here."
"You must miss home."
"I do a lot, but I'm going back for Christmas until the new year so it's not long till I'm back."
Shawn turned to me. "You didn't tell me you were going back to England for Christmas."
"I didn't think it would matter."
Karen and Manny sensed some awkwardness so they collected the empty plates and took them to the kitchen leaving me and Shawn alone.
"How long are you going for?" He asked.
"Over a month."
He sighed.
I was confused. "What's the big deal?"
"The big deal is you didn't tell me" He paused for a moment. "When are you going?"
"I'm going as soon as the championships are over."
He was about to say something else but Karen came back in.
"Would you like a hot drink Jazz?"
"I would love a tea please."
When Karen returned to the kitchen I turned back to Shawn.
"Why are you mad? I'll only be gone for a month."
His hand sat on my thigh. "I won't get to see you for a whole month."
"We can FaceTime"
"That's not the same. I won't get to physically see you." He leant in closer to my ear. "Or touch you."
Shawn removed his hand as soon as Karen and Manny came back.
"Shawn tells us you're studying at Toronto's school of performing arts." Manny says whilst placing Shawn's drink infront of him.
"I am."
Karen places my drink down and then sips hers "I've heard of that school. What things do you learn?"
"We have usual school lessons 9 till 3:30 and then we have dance lessons from 5-8."
Karen pulled her eyebrows together slightly. "That sounds very full on."
"It is but I love it."
"Is that what you want to do when you're older?"
"Yeah, something along the lines of teaching or performing in shows."
Shawn cut in. "Jazz's school are actually in the semi finals of the National Dance Championship. I actually visited her when I went to see Andrew in New York the other weekend and I'll be hoping to see her again when I go to the vine meet up."
"That's if we make it that far."
He placed wrapped his around around my neck and looked at me "You will."
Once we finished our drinks Manny made a fire and we all sat around it. I put on one of Karen's coats but the wind was picked up making me shiver slightly. Manny spotted I was cold and got some blankets. He put one around me and Shawn and then sat with one around himself and Karen. We spoke for little longer and then shortly after Karen and Manny left to go to bed leaving me and Shawn sitting by the fire.
Shawn turned to me. "I'm going to miss you when you go home for Christmas."
"It won't be long."
"A month is a very long time."
"Why don't you come with me?"
"What?"
"Not for Christmas you can come for the last week I'm home and then travel back with us. I can show you my house and the old town I used to live in."
"I don't know."
"Have you ever been to England."
"Once when I was younger."
"See it as a holiday. I can take you around London, you can see Buckingham palace and Big Ben."
He thought for a moment. "Ok."
"Yay." I kissed him and then checked the time.
9:45
"I should go, mum wants me back for 10."
We put out the fire and then Shawn drove me home. We parked outside my house.
I took my seatbelt off. "Thank you for tonight, your parents are lovely. I just hope I gave them the right impression."
"They loved you, I know they did."
I paused for a second. "Do you wanna come in for a bit." We got out and Shawn locked his jeep. I took my shoes off and Shawn closed the door behind him. I took him upstairs and started to kiss him the moment he shut my bedroom door. Shawn sat down on the edge of my bed and I straddled him. I started to kiss his neck softy as I moved my hands down his body. I stopped at his trousers and started to undo them.

***

I woke up early the next morning lying next to Shawn. He stayed over for the first time last night. I quietly slid out of bed without waking him and took a shower. I had to go back to New York today. When I returned to my room he was awake. I got changed and then packed my bag. Me and Shawn grabbed a quick shower and then he drove me to the airport. He waited with me until the others arrived. The girls who came home for Halloween all flew back together so Emma could meet us at the airport and take us back. I met up with Gabby and then it was time for Shawn to go. I don't know if it's because this will be the last I see him for a while or because of what happened last night but we couldn't keep our hands off eachother. He gave me a kiss goodbye and every time I tired to leave he pulled me in for more.
I pulled away. "I have to go."
"One more kiss." He grabbed my cheeks and pulled me in for one last kiss. "See you soon."
I smiled and then joined the others to board our flight. I watched him leave and as soon as he did my heart sank slightly. It wasn't long before we boarded and we were seated on the plane.

***

When we got to New York we met Emma at the airport and got a cab back to the hotel. Let's go and win this championship!

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Hello my lovelies!

Sorry thing chapter took so long to update I had to get through 2 really important exams and I've only just finished submitting 2 assignments.

Anyway I'm back and should we updating more often as I'm on my Christmas break!

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment if you enjoyed this chapter and also follow my Instagram if you haven't for more updates

Instagram: heartofshawnx