fifty nine

"What?" He questioned.
"I got offered a place at Julliard and I took it."
He didn't say anything.
"This is an amazing opportunity for me and I couldn't turn it down."
He still didn't say anything.
"Please say something." His silence began to worry me.
A smile crept on his lips. "I can't believe it."
I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I know me neither."
He smiled and then kissed me. "I'm so proud of you."
"Thank you."
"When do you start?" He asked.
"In two weeks and I handed in my letter of resignation today so it looks like you'll be stuck with me until I go."
He smiled. "We better think of things to do then."
I smirked. "I have some things in mind." I pulled him back in for a kiss and we made out in the car for a little longer until we decided to call it a night and drive home.

***

Me and Shawn spent the first week together. We rented out a boat for a day and most of the day was taken up by me laughing at how bad Shawn was a rowing.

"You're doing great, at this rate we should get around the lake in 5 hours."
He rolled his eyes. "I'd like to see you have a go."
"Okay, let's switch places." I replied.
We stopped the boat and Shawn stood up. The boat rocked back and forth almost making him loose his balance.
"Be careful." I said trying not to laugh.
He walked over to me and I couldn't help myself. I pushed him sending him flying over the edge of the boat and into the water.
I burst into laughter as he came up above the surface wiping his eyes. "I'm sorry I couldn't resist."
He swam towards the boat and held his hand out. "Can you help me up?"
"I'm not falling for that. You're just gunna pull me in."
"I won't."
I stared at him in disbelief.
"I won't pull you in. Help me out its cold."
"What's the magic word?" I teased.
"Please."
I grabbed his hand but he grabbed my
arm with his other hand and pulled me in.
I gasped as I hit the cold water and splashed him. "Dickface!"
He laughed and then we got back into the boat. This time I was in charge of rowing and got us back in half the time it took Shawn to get us around at the beginning.

We also rented out surf boards with the others and spent the whole day at the beach. Syd used to go surfing when she was young so she taught us. I however was the only one who couldn't do it so I ended up just sitting on mine and watching the others. It was also a great excuse to watch topless Shawn all day, and that I didn't mind at all.

***

Jakes parents went away for a week and he has somehow convicted us all to stay with him for the weekend. I packed everything I needed and then drove over to Jakes picking Shawn up on the way. I won't be able to use my car in New York so I'm making use of the time I can drive it. When we got to Jakes everyone else were already there.
"What's the plan?" I asked after coming down stairs from unpacking my things in one of Jake's spare rooms.
Syd spoke up. "Char suggested having a BBQ as it's a nice day."
"I love that idea!!" I haven't had a BBQ in so long.
I turned to Jake. "Do you have any food?"
"Nope but my parents left me money and alcohol." He said with a smirk.
"Perfect. Let's go and get some food."
We made our way to the closest supermarket and got everything we needed.
The boys manned the BBQ and as it was still hot when we got back me, Syd and Char decided to change into our bathing suits.
I applied my sun lotion before laying down and closing my eyes as I tried to absorb all the sun rays I can. I don't know how long I was asleep for but I'm suddenly woken by the sound of shuffling behind me. I open my eyes and no one is to be seen. Thinking the boys had gone inside I close my eyes and go back to sleeping.
Suddenly I find myself gasping as cold water hits my face. I sit up and wipe my eyes before looking to see Shawn standing infront of me holding a water gun.
"I'm gunna kill you!" I quickly jump off of my sun bed and ran towards him trying to grab the gun out of his hands but it's useless as he continues to spray me. Feeling defenceless I run and hide. Shortly after Syd and Char find me. Their hair is wet and they are both dripping with water. "Did Dan and Jake get you too?"
"Yep." Syd said.
Not hearing anything we make our way back to the boys but on the way find a bucket full of water balloons. "This must be what they were doing whilst we were asleep."
We picked up as many water balloons as we could carry and headed back to the pool. The boys were stood talking to eachother so we approached them from behind. As soon as we were close enough we threw our balloons and hoped for the best. Char got Jake on the bum, Syd hit Dan's lower back and I managed to get Shawn in the back of the head. However my balloon didn't burst, instead it bounced off of Shawns head and fell to the ground remaining in one piece. Shawn picked up the balloon and threw it straight back at me, I quickly ran away and managed to dodge it but I didn't notice Jake running up behind me with a balloon in his hand. He held the balloon above my head and squeezed it making it burst over me before running away. I ran back to the bucket and picked up more balloons. I managed to get Shawn in the face a few times making me almost fall to the floor laughing. I hit Dan on the chest and searched for Jake getting ready to get him back for his little trick earlier but I couldn't see him anywhere. Suddenly I felt a hand pull the back of my bikini pants and I immediately gasped as cold water ran down my bum. I quickly turned and squeezed one of my remaining water balloons on Shawn's head but he just shook his head splashing me with more water. I ran to the bucket of balloons and only one was left. I picked up knowing exactly who it was for. I found Shawn and approached him. I hid the balloon behind me so he didn't suspect anything.
"What are you doing?" He questioned.
"Nothing, I just want a kiss." I replied.
When his lips were on mine I pulled his shorts at the front and popped my balloon. He pulled away from me and grabbed his privates. "Its so cold!!"
I laughed and spotted a balloon under one of the sun beds. I quickly ran and got it before throwing it at the first boy I could see.
The balloon headed straight for Dans privates and he grabbed his crotch in pain. I immediately ran over to him. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"
He stayed crouched down so I couldn't see his face. He didn't say anything for a second which worried me. I was about to speak again when he suddenly rugby tackled me into the pool.
When we surfaced I splashed him with the pool water. "Dick!"
It wasn't long before the others joined us and we decided to play chicken. Shawn got under the water and swam through my legs, once they were rested on his shoulder he stood up holding my hands making sure I didn't fall.
Dan then did the same for Syd and when she was sat on his shoulders they walked towards us. "Whoever wins goes up against Char and Jake."
We nodded.
"You ready babe?" Shawn asks looking up to me.
"Yep." I reply down to him.
"You ready babe." Dan asks Syd jokingly.
I shoot Dan a look and then adjust my position on Shawn's shoulders.
"Let's do this!" Syd replies.
"3....2....1....GO!" Shawn shouts from underneath me. He then moves forward towards Dan getting me closer to Syd.
I start to push Syd by resting my hands on her forearms and she does the same. We're both trying to knock eachother off by making them lose their balance.
"Jesus." Dan moans "This is not good for someone who just got hit in the balls with a water balloon."
I laugh at his comment and use all my strength to try push Syd off but she won't budge. She lets go of my arms and makes a try for my head. She pushes my forehead with her hand making me lose my balance. My legs immediately swing off Shawn's shoulders sending me crashing down into the water.
After I resurfaced me and Shawn became the judges. Char climbed onto Jake's shoulders and then it was their turn to try and defeat Syd and Dan. Instead of watching them like we were supposed to do Shawn pulled me to the side and pressed his lips against mine. I jumped and wrapped my legs around him but
unfortunately out make our session was interrupted.
"Hey love birds! Stop sucking faces and watch." Dan shouted making us laugh.
We returned to the game and I climbed onto Shawn's back as we watched. It took a while for one of them to knock the other off.
"I thought Syd was strong, but it turns out Jazz is just weak." Dan commented.
Shawn laughed and I splashed Dan. As I did Char suddenly lost her balance and fell into the water.
We got out of the pool and the boys returned to the BBQ whilst me, Syd and Char took a shower. I put my hair into messy bun and slipped on an oversized hoodie.
"How are things with you and Shawn now he knows you're moving to New York?" Syd asked as she braided her hair.
"It's actually amazing, it's like we're back in the honeymoon stage. I don't know if it's because I'm going to New York and he's going back on tour but we can't keep our hands off of eachother. We took a shower the other day after our boat ride and all we did was make out. I even forgot to wash because we were so occupied."
"Looks like you're making use of the time you have together, I'd do the same if either me or Dan were moving away."
I smiled and then we we returned the boys. The BBQ was done when we got back and we all sat and ate it. We decided to watch a film after so we all made our way to the living room to browse at Jake's film collection. My eyes were immediately drawn to Mamma Mia and I grabbed it. "Can we please watch this?" I asked.
Both Syd and Char wanted to watch it with me but the boys didn't. "If we watch this we can watch a film of your choice after."
The boys hesitated and then agreed.
I put mamma mia in the dvd player whilst Jake and Char made the pop corn. I paused it before it started to play and waited for the others to join. We all squeezed onto a three seater and I played the film.
Me, Syd and Char sang along to all the words and as soon as Dancing Queen came on we all got up and danced around the living room.
The boys just watched and laughed.
I taught Syd and Char the routine to Super Trouper and we all laughed as we re created it.

***

I started to feel nauseous so I quickly headed to the bathroom. I sat on the toilet for a while but I soon had to kneel on the floor as my body threw up. I flushed the toilet and then washed out my mouth with some water before heading back downstairs.
"Does anyone else feel nauseous?" I asked and everyone said no.
"Why?" Shawn asked.
"My stomach did not like the BBQ."
"Maybe you're pregnant." Syd jokingly said and everyone laughed.
"God I hope not." I joked before sitting back on the couch.
We watched the snapchat's Shawn took of us dancing. "God Char your dancing is terrible. I hope you dance better than that at prom." We all laughed at Jakes comment.
"Excuse me, I can dance better than you. You
practically have two left feet." Char turned to me. "Jazz you need to teach him how to dance before prom."
I laughed and then stood up grabbing Jake on the way.
"What are we doing?" He asked.
"I'm teaching you how to dance." I grabbed one of his hands and extended my arm out. "Hand here." I placed his other hand at my hip. "And hand here." We got into ballroom hold and I pushed his head to the side. "Head to the left." His shoulder was slightly forward so I pushed it back. "Now bend your knees slightly."
He did what I said and then everyone clapped.
"That's what you call a ballroom hold but just a simple hands around her waist will be fine."
"Have you got your ticket yet?" Jake asked.
"To where?" I asked.
"To prom? You can come back for it right?"
"I just guessed as I moved schools I wasn't invited."
"Shawn can bring a plus one."
I turned to Shawn. "You didn't want to invite me?"
He stood up. "I didn't invite you because I didn't know if I could come back for it as I'll still be on tour. But I found out today I can so.." There was a pause and I bit my lip as he snakes his hands around my waist. "Jasmine Smith will you go to prom with me?"
I smiled. "Of course." He pulled me in for a kiss but after my suddenly eyes widened. "I don't have a dress!"

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Thank you for being so patient as I get the last few chapters out. I'm not sure when the next chapter will be uploaded as I have a lot of my plate at the moment but I will keep you updated as soon as I know. 

The timings are still a little confusing but as I said once this book is finished I will edit it and make sure it all makes sense.

Don't forget to vote and feel free to comment because I read all of them❤️

Also follow my instagram @ heartofshawnx for updates aswell.