fifty one

Shawn has been working on his album for a few months now and it's almost finished. One morning I woke up and got myself a coffee. Sat on the table was half a dozen cupcakes with a note infront of them 'Made a little too many cupcakes so can you please take some over to Shawn's- Mum xxx'
I wasn't planning on seeing Shawn today but I had breakfast, got in the shower and brushed my teeth like usual. I got changed, put the cupcakes into a box and then headed over to Shawn's. Karen answered the door and let me in. "I wasn't expecting to see you today."
"I just came over to give you these." I handed her the box of cupcakes and she opened it. "Mum made too many and wanted me to give you some."
She put the box in the refrigerator. "That's so kind of her tell her I said thank you."
I smiled. "Will do." I paused for a moment. "Hows Shawn?"
"He's is so close to finishing the album but he's hit a block and it's frustrating him."
I didn't say anything
"But I'm sure seeing you will put a smile on his face."
I smiled and then grabbed a cupcake before heading upstairs to his room. I knocked on the door and he shouted for me to come in.
I opened the door and found him sitting on the floor strumming his guitar helplessly. I sat down next to him and placed the cupcake on the floor next to me. "Hi."
"Hi." He replied.
"How are you?"
"Not good." He rubbed his eyes. "Nothing is working."
"Have you thought about taking a break?"
"I can't." He shook his head.
"Why don't we get some blankets, make some pop corn and watch Harry Potter?"
"I don't want popcorn."
"Good because I've got something better."
"What's that?"
I picked up the cupcake and held it infront of him. "Cupcakes."
He smiled and then shook his head.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing I just love you."
"I love you too." I gave him a kiss and then we headed to Aaliyah's room.
Shawn knocked on her door and then opened it. "Do you want to wanna watch Harry Potter with us?"
"Only if I can sit next to Jazz."
"She's my girlfriend."
"Yeah but she prefers me to you."
I cut in. "She's right."
I put Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone in the DVD player, grabbed some blankets and then got cozy on the couch inbetween Shawn and Aaliyah whilst Karen cooked us some popcorn in the microwave. As I was sat in the middle Karen handed me the bowl and straight away Shawn and Aaliyah's hands were in it fetching out popcorn. I turned to Shawn. "I thought you didn't want popcorn?"
He shoved a handful in his mouth. "Well now I do."
We watched the whole of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and then the Chamber Of Secrets. Half way through The Prisoner of Azkaban Manny came home and we all had dinner.
We watched the rest of the Prisoner of Azkaban after and then me and Shawn went back up to his room.  When we got back to his room Shawn huffed and then collapsed onto his bed face first. I sat on the end of his bed. "You know what really relaxes me when I'm stressed."
He lifted his head off of the pillow and turned to me. "What?"
"Taking a bath."
He smirked. "Can you take a bath with me?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Because I don't need one."
He moved closer to me. "It would make me feel a lot better if you joined me."
I threw a pillow at him. "Get ready and l'll start running it."
I headed into the bathroom and ran a bath. I put in some some bubble bath and when the ratio of bubbles to water was right I called Shawn in. He came in only wearing a towel. "Are you sure this is going to work?"
"When was the last time you had a bath?"
He thought for a moment. "I can't remember."
"Trust me, a hot bath is all you need."
He removed his towel and then got in.
I sat down on the side of the bath and watched him. "How do you feel?"
He closed his eyes. "You were right, this is relaxing."
I sat up. "I'll just leave you to-"
He cut me off by grabbing my arm and pulling me into the bath soaking my clothes from top to bottom.
I gasped. "Shawn!!"
He laughed.
"My clothes are soaking wet."
He smirked. "I guess you'll have to take them off then."
I gave him a death glare and then stood up. I took my shorts off before throwing them in his face and then removed my underwear and t shirt. I sat down and laid on his chest. I ran my hands through his hair and played with it as I watched him rest. "Feel better?"
He nodded.
I sat up and straddled him
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"I'm washing your hair." I got a cup off the side and filled it with water. I tipped it over his head and then massaged shampoo into his hair.
Shawn let out a soft moan.
I smirked. "You're a fan of my head massages eh?"
He smirked. "You can wash my hair more often."
Once all the shampoo was rubbed in enough I filled the cup up again and washed it out of his hair.
"While you're there you can shave my face for me?"
I pulled a face. "What's wrong with your hands?"
"You always say you don't like kissing me when I have stubble."
I rolled my eyes, I do always say that. "Fine but only if you shave my legs."
"You don't have a shaver here."
"Yes I do I put one in the cupboard a couple of months back, you're just too oblivious to even notice."
He didn't say anything he just smiled.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing."
I got out of the bath and then got his razor and some shaving foam out of the cupboard. I filled the sink with water and then sat back on his lap.
After squeezing shaving foam onto my hands and applying it to his face I gently placed one hand on the top of his head and used the other one to shave him. I placed the razor on the side of his cheek and carefully pulled it down cutting all the hairs in its path. I washed the foam off in the sink and then placed the razor on the next part. I pulled it down gently a few more times and then he looked at me. "How are you so good at this?"
I washed the shaving foam off and carried on not taking my eyes off the razor. "You're forgetting I have a father and an older brother." I paused. "Go like this." I pushed my lip together.
He pushed his lips together so I could get to the hairs under his nose.
"My brother broke both of his arms once by falling off a wall so I had to shave his face until he could do it himself."
"Did he have to wear 2 casts?"
I chuckled. "Yep and he looked ridiculous."
I shaved the final patch and then washed his face. "Beautiful."
"Now it's your turn." He grabbed the razor from out of the cupboard and I sat on the other side of the tub.
When he got back in I stuck my leg out in front of him. He went to start shaving but I quickly stopped him by pulling my leg away. "What do you think you're doing?"
He looked confused. "Shaving your legs?"
"Aren't you going to put anything on them or do you want to cut me?"
He laughed and then grabbed the shaving foam spraying it all over me. "How about this?"
I screamed and covered my face with my hands.
Once he stopped I picked up a shower scrunchy and squirted some shower gel onto it. "Use this." I handed it to Shawn and then he squeezed it making it go foamy.
He rubbed the foam onto my legs and then shaved them gently. Surprisingly he didn't miss any hairs. Once he shaved my legs he sat up and made me lean back onto him facing outwards. I rested my arms on the sides of the bath tub as he washed my hair and gently massaged it like I did to him. He squeezed some conditioner onto his hands and rubbed it into my hair brushing it through with his fingers after. Once all the conditioner was washed out I laid back against him and closed my eyes. After a few minutes of relaxing in silence I turned to Shawn. "Do you ever think about the future?"
"Sometimes." He replied in a soft voice. "Do you?"
"Yeah."
He moved his hands and wrapped them around my waist. "What do you think about?"
I placed my hands on top of his. "I wanna buy an old record player when I get my first house." I paused. "I want it to be the first thing I put in my house and I wanna dance to Elvis Presley late at night."
"Elvis?" He questioned.
"Can't Help Falling in Love was my grandads favourite song."
He smiled. "Its a good song."
I turned to him again. "What do you think about?"
"My music and how far it will get." He paused. "I think about marriage and how many kids I'll have."
I raised my eyebrows. "You want kids?"
"Yeah, do you?" He responded.
"2, a girl and a boy."
"The boy has to come first so he can look after his sister."
"Like you and Aaliyah."
He smiled. "Yeah."
"What are you going to do when she gets a boyfriend?"
His face dropped. "She's not having one."
"Have you seen how beautiful she is?'Boys will be lining up at your door."
"Not if I get there first."
I laughed and then we sat in the tub for a bit longer before getting out. I decided to stay over so we got ready for bed. I laid on Shawn's chest and listened to his heart beat until he spoke
"Thank you."
I looked up at him. "For what?"
"For today. I really needed a break."
I smiled and then gave him one last kiss before going to sleep.

***

Something woke me up in the middle of the night. I leant over and checked my phone
2:34am
When I rolled back over I realised Shawn wasn't there and neither was his guitar. I got up and headed downstairs to try and find him but he wasn't in the living room. I walked into the kitchen expecting him to be in there but instead I spotted him outside.
I grabbed a blanket off the couch and wrapped it around myself before opening the door and heading outside.
He was sat on a chair playing his guitar but this time he seemed different.
"What are you doing?" I asked as I sat down next to him.
"I couldn't sleep."
I looked at his guitar. "I thought you were taking a break?"
"I was but when I couldn't sleep I sat in bed thinking about my album and I realised what it was missing."
"What's that?" I asked
"A song."
"A song about what?"
"A song about you."

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Helloooooo

Bad Reputation is 300k reads away from 2 million and I am so overwhelmed by the support I get from you every day.

I had a really bad week last week which left me feeling pretty down but reading all the lovely messages from some of you instantly cheered me up and made so happy.
Thank you❤️

Please don't forget to vote and feel free to comment because I read all of them!!

Follow my Instagram @ heartofshawnx for more updates and dms are always open

Can you believe Ariana Grande's 4th album drops tonight!! I can't wait to get my wig snatched once more and see what she's got for us so everyone stream Sweetener by Ariana Grande at midnight!!

p.s. Only 10 chapters left..