fifteen

Music:
First Man - Camila Cabello

***

The next morning I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I wiped the sleep from my eyes and picked it up. "Hello."
"Hey England."
"Shawn? Maths isn't till 10, what do you want?"
"It is 10."
I looked over at the clock. "Shit!"
"I knew this would happen, I'm going to get us some coffee and I expect you to be up and ready when I get back."
"Okay." I said putting the phone down. I couldn't help but laugh.
I quickly slipped on some jeans and a hoodie and put my hair into a messy bun. A few minutes later the doorbell rang. I answered it to Shawn standing with two coffees in his hand. "I've just got to put my shoes on."
"No you don't, we're having the lesson here." He said stepping in the door.
I put my hand out stopping him. "No we're not, mums home."
He moved my hand away and walked straight into the kitchen. "No she's not, I saw her leave when I parked up outside."
I shut the door and followed him into the kitchen. He took his bag off and set everything up on the table. I got out 2 muffins, cut them in half and placed them in the toaster (btw I'm talking about English muffins, which are the best thing on this planet) Once the muffins were toasted I spread them with butter and sat down next to Shawn "What are we learning today?"
"Algebra."
"UGH." I slammed my head down on the table.
"It's not that bad." He said before running through all the basics of Algebra and we worked on some questions together.

***

He made me do a short test after and I got full marks. I glanced over at the clock. "No way has it been 4 hours."
"They say time flys when you're having fun." He said with a smirk, I could tell he was proud of that.
"Let's take a short break."
As soon as he said that I got out my phone and checked it. "You know, you never answered my question?"
I looked up from my phone. "What question?"
"How did your date go with Jake?" I knew it wouldn't be long until he asked that again.
"It was really fun but we're going to stay friends."
"Why is that?" He asked
"I don't know, it didn't feel right."
"Did he kiss you?"
"That's none of your business Mendes."
He put his hands up. "I was just asking."
"He did but it was weird, there's nothing there."
He smiled
I kept looking at him. "What?"
He didn't say anything.
I smacked his arm slightly. "What is it?"
"Nothing, I'm just glad."
We both smiled at eachother until our attention was taken away by the sound of my phone ringing.
I picked it up. "Hello."
"Jazz, I've forgotten to make Janet's cake and I promised her I would make her one. Would you mind making a cake for me and I'll come and pick it up?"
"If I have to" I jokingly said.
"You're a life saver! Text me when it's done and I'll come and get it."
"Okay, see you then." I put the phone down and then finished the last question on my paper.
I turned to Shawn. "Wanna help me make a cake?"
Shawn weighed all the ingredients while I got the mixer ready. We poured everything into the bowl and mixed up all the ingredients. We then poured the mixture into the trays and placed them in the oven to cook. Shawn looked at me weirdly. "What?" I asked.
"You've got some flour there." He pointed to my chest.
I quickly looked down and saw no flour. "No I don't."
As I pulled my head back up a giant cloud of flour was thrown in my face.
"I hate you." I wiped my eyes and didn't do anything.
"Are you going to get me back?"
"No." I brushed down my shoulder.
"Why?" He asked.
"You're not worth it." I snapped.
"Ouch." He put his hand on his heart.'
I raised my eyebrows and pointed to the bowl instructing him to put away the flour.
When he looked away I sleekly picked up an egg without him knowing.
"Shawn."
"Yeah." He looked at me and I quickly smacked it on his head.
He gasped. "You bitch!"
I burst into laughter watching the yolk drip down his face.
"That's it!" He reached for an egg.
"No!" I screamed and grabbed his arm which was hovering an egg above my head.
Before I could run he smacked the egg straight onto my head and mixed it in with my hair.
I scrapped the yolk off my head and flicked it at him. He went to grab another egg but I quickly picked up the bowl of flour and threw loads in his face stopping him. He started coughing badly so I stopped
"Oh my god are you okay?" I lowered the bowl.
He suddenly grabbed flour off me and tipped it onto my head covering me in a giant white cloud. I quickly ran to the fridge and grabbed some tomatoes.
"Jazz no!" He put his hands up in defence
"A little birdie told me you hate tomatoes." I started walking towards him
"If you come near me with those I swear." He backed away quickly
I ran towards him quickly catching him off guard and smeared the tomato all over his face.
He looked like he was about to throw up and my stomach started to hurt from laughing so much. I looked at the mess we made. "I need to clean this up." I walked to the sink to start cleaning but stepped on a slippery yolk and fell straight to the floor. We both burst into laughter and Shawn got his phone out to film me on the floor. He gave me a hand up after. I got the mop out from the cupboard and filled the bucket. He took the it off me. "Let me, I started this." I quickly went in the shower whilst he was cleaning and after I finished he showered. I left one of dad's t shirts and some of his sweatpants on the bed for him to change into. Just as I finished cleaning up mum came home. She walked straight into the kitchen and placed a box down on the counter.
"What's this?" I asked.
"Your music, somehow it got left in the car."
I grabbed some scissors and cut the tape. "I was looking for my CDs all day yesterday!"
As I said that Shawn walked in and met eyes with mum.
"Mum this is Shawn, he's-" I paused for a moment. "-My friend." I quickly said before she could ask any questions.
He shook her hand. "Hi Mrs Smith."
He looked at me. "Whats in the box?"
"My CDS, wanna see?"
"Sure." He came and stood beside me and we looked through the box.
He immediately picked up Continuum by John Mayer. "I didn't know you listened to John Mayer."
"It was my dad's but I kept listening to it so he gave it to me."
"What's your favourite song?"
"Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, the lyrics in that song are unreal."
He smiled but a text came through on his phone pulling his attention away. "I've got to go but it was nice meeting you Mrs Smith."
"And you Shawn." She replied smiling.'
"I'll walk you out."'I said following behind him.
He put his shoes on and then left. I shut the door behind him and walked back into the kitchen. Mum was giving me the same look all mums give when a boy comes to your house.
"Stop." I picked up my maths stuff.
"He seems nice, very handsome." She had the stupidest smile on her face.
"I know what you're doing." She always does this and it's just annoying.
"Was he wearing dads clothes?"
"I'm going upstairs." I do not need another one of her speeches.

***

A few hours after Shawn left a text came through from him.

From Shawn:
Thanks for the clothes, I'll drop them round some time tomorrow

To Shawn:
Thanks! And thanks for today 😊

From Shawn:
You're welcome

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Sorry this took so long to update.
I'm going to try and upload a new chapter every week but depending on school I don't know how it will go.

Thank you for over 65k reads!!!! Insane!!!!

Instagram: heartofshawnx