forty five

Me and Shawn headed over to the beach and met the others there. I go back to school and Shawn goes to New York soon to start recording so we want to spend as much time together as we can. We decided to play volley ball. It was me, Dan and Jake against Shawn, Syd and Char. We timed each game and Shawn, Syd and Char won the first game and me, Dan and Jake won the second. The third game was close but me, Dan and Jake managed to get stay one point ahead. The timer buzzed just after Dan scored making us win the third game. Dan and Jake both gave me a high five and then Shawn stepped forward. "You're only winning because you have Dan and Jake."
"Is someone jealous?"
"No I'm just stating facts."
I thought for a moment. "Even if you did have Dan and Jake I would still win."
"Wanna bet?"
"Okay let's swap teams, me, Syd and Char against you, Dan and Jake. Loser has to pay for pizza later."
He stood still and then walked under the net "You're on."
I made my way over to the other side.
"Shall we take both scores back so you have a chance."
"You don't need to because we're still going to win."
"Okay."
We played another round and the girls won making the score 2-2. The ball went back and forth over the net until we drew. The timer was about to run out making the next point the winning point. It was our turn to start so Syd threw the ball up and then hit it over the net smoothly. Dan then hit the ball back towards Char and she hit it sending it over to Jake. Jake then sent the ball over to me and I gave it a hard hit towards Shawn. Shawn reached down to hit the ball but some how missed sending it flying to the ground. Me, Syd and Char all immediately screamed and hugged eachother.
I smirked. "Looks like dinner is on you three."
"I let you win."
"Sure!" I rested the hands on my hips. "You just don't want to admit that you lost to three girls."
The boys left to go and get pizza so me, Syd and Char all sat on the sand.
"How was the wedding?" Sid asked.
I couldn't stop smiling. "It was good, most of my family met Shawn and I think they all like him."
Syd looked at me. "What's wrong with your face? Why are you smiling so much?"
"No reason." I say trying to resist the urge not to smile.
"Seriously."
I shrugged my shoulders. "I can't stop smiling."
"I think you need to, it looks like you slept with a hanger in your mouth."
I laughed.
"What's up with you?" She asked.
"I don't know I guess I'm just really happy."
"Why? Did anything happen between you and Shawn?"
I bit my lip. "Maybe."
Syd sat up. "I knew it! Spill the beans Jazz!"
"He told me he loved me."
Char cut in. "What!! When??"
"When we were dancing at the wedding."
"What did you say?"
"I said I love you back."
They both hugged me.  The returned with pizza boxes and strangely a box of eggs.
"What's with the eggs?" I asked.
Dan smirked. "You'll find out."
The boys sat down with us and we all ate the pizza whilst we watched the sunset. I looked at the sea. "I will never get used to Canada beaches, they are so pretty."
"Better than your beaches back in England I bet." Shawn said shoving the last piece of pizza in his mouth. I laughed and then stood up. "Let's have a piggyback race, last one to the sea has to light the fire when we get back." I hopped on Shawn's shoulders, Syd hopped on Dans and Char hopped on Jake's
"3....2....3....GO!"
All the boys ran as fast as they could and Shawn managed to get to the sea first, following Jake and then Dan.
"Looks like Syd and Dan are our fire starters for the night."
"Fine." Syd huffed. She jumped off Dan's back and started to swim in the sea. Char done the same.
Shawn turned to me. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah."
He dropped me down and then we swam a little further out and met the others. As the water got deeper I climbed onto Shawn's back and wrapped my arms around his neck. I didn't feel 100% confident being back in the water but I felt safer holding onto Shawn. Once we all had enough of the sea we decided to walk home. Syd and Dan lit the fire and whilst it began to burn Dan took us all outside. There were no cars on the road so he stood us all on it.
"As it is Easter I thought we could play an easter game that's been a family tradition of mine. The aim of the game is to throw the egg back and forth with your partner without dropping it. After every throw you both have to take a step back but if you drop your egg you are out. The last team with their egg still in one piece wins." (If anyone watches Colleen Ballinger on YouTube you'll know this game, her family play it every year at easter)
He handed me and Shawn an egg and we got into positions. Shawn threw the egg to me and I caught it. We looked around and everyone else had done the same. We both then took a step back and I threw the egg to him. He caught it and we took another step back. We repeated this until Char threw her egg too hard. Jake took a step back and the egg smashed to the ground. We continued the game and no one was dropping their egg. It got to the point where me and Shawn both had to hold our hands up and catch the egg because we were so far apart. I threw the egg at Shawn and as Shawn caught it I heard Dan moan. I turned and saw their egg smashed on the floor right in the middle of them. "What happened?"
"I didn't throw it hard enough."
Everyone started laughing and then we all got new egg and played another game. But this time me and Shawn were out first, followed by Syd and Dan and Jake and Char won. We all made our way back inside and sat around the fire.
"What are you and Jazz doing for your 1 year anniversary?" Syd said.
Shawn replied. "Nothing unfortunately, I'll be in New York recording."
"That's a shame."
I spoke up.'"Yeah but he promised we're going to do something to celebrate when I get back so I'm going to make it as expensive as I can."
Everyone laughed apart from Shawn who just shook his head.
"Did you enjoy travelling to England to meet Jazz's family?" Char asked.
"I did, I didn't particularly like meeting her ex boyfriend."
Syd sat up. "You met her ex!"
I slapped my head. "Oh my god! I completely forgot to tell you."
Shawn cut in. "He confronted me at the New Year's Eve party."
Dan eyes widened. "He did what?"
"He found me and told me how he was going to get back with Jazz and then made up some bullshit of how she still loved him."
Syd frowned. "Why was he even at the party? If it was me I wouldn't want my ex there."
I cut in. "That's what I said but my mum invited him because she's friends with his mum."
Jake spoke up. "I think we should all take a trip down to England and Jazz can be our tour guide and show us around."
"I would be more than happy to."
We all talked for a little while longer but decided to head to bed when we got tired.
Me, Syd and Char all headed to bed first and whilst the boys put out the fire.

Shawn's POV

"It sucks that you and Jazz have to spend your 1 year anniversary apart." Dan said leaning over and pouring water over the fire putting it out. I looked around to make sure the girls had all gone inside.
"We won't be spending it apart."
He stood back up. "What do you mean? You said you'll be in New York and she'll be here?"
"Jasmine thinks I'll be in New York but I'm going to surprise her."

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Here's the next chapter! Sorry I took so long to update I wanted to post it yesterday as it was my birthday but I fell asleep writing it😂

I turned 19 yesterday!! How crazy!!
So I am now officially the same age as Shawn!! Well until he turns 20😂

Don't forget to vote and feel free to leave a comment, I read them all.

Also follow my Instagram if you haven't already @ heartofshawnx I post updates on there and my dms are always open if you need to talk.

Again thank you so much for over 1 million reads I will never be able to express how thankful I am💛