thirty six

I woke up the next morning and Shawn was no longer beside me. I looked around the room and saw a piece of paper leaning against the flowers Shawn got me on my desk.
'Had to leave early to meet with Andrew but I'll come and see you before my flight back tonight xxx'
I immediately got my phone out and text Syd, I had to tell her.

To Syd:
I have to tell you something, can I ring you later?xx

From Syd:
No probs, good luck today you'll smash it!xx

To Syd:
Thank you xx

I put my phone down, took a shower and then got into my dancing clothes. I put my hair into a pony and then curled the ends slightly before putting on my show makeup. I then go downstairs and meet the girls for breakfast. As we travel to the competition I can't stop thinking about last night. I keep running through everything that happened in my head. When we get to the venue the first thing we do is go through our routine. Everything goes as planned so we take our seats. Each group performed and then it was time for us to find out who we are up against. The lady read out their name and everyone around me went quiet.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
Gabby turned to me. "We're up against the team we lost against last year."
"Oh."
"Okay everyone gather around." Gabby shouted getting everyone's attention.
We all gathered around.
"Theres no way we're beating them with our routine, we need something else."
"What do you mean?" I spoke up.
"We need something different."
No one spoke for a moment until Gabby suddenly thought of something.
"Jazz."
"Yeah."
"You could do something."
"Do what?"
"You taught us the routine to hands on me can we include it in the routine."
"I don't see why not."
"Emergency rehearsal now."
We quickly split off and ran through our routine adding on hands on me at the end and it fit perfectly.
It was time for us to perform and unlike our other performances the nerves hit me. We done the routine without any mess ups and soon it was time for the finale. My heart was pounding.
When we finished everyone in the completion hall clapped. Gabby hugged me straight after. "That was amazing! We've got this!"
We sat back down and waited to hear the results. They called our name and then told us our results.

***

"How did it go?" Syd asked over the phone.
"We got through! We've only got a few more rounds to go and then is the semi final."
"That's amazing!"
She paused for a moment. "So what do you want to tell me?"
"Okay, so I have some news."
"Spill."
"Well." I thought for a moment. "I'm just going to be straight up, me and Shawn are together, like boyfriend girlfriend together."
"WHAT"
I cut her off before she could say anything else "That's not all."
"Expand."
"Last night, we were kissing and something happened."
"You had sex?"
"Maybe."
"Oh my god!!!"
I laughed.
"So how was it?"
"It actually amazing, we were so comfortable around eachother."
"I'm really happy for you both. So how long have you been together?"
"A month but don't go telling people, I do not need Lyndsey finding out."
"A month! You kept that bloody quiet!"
I laughed when she said the word bloody, she sounded so English.
My phone kept cutting off because Shawn was trying to ring me so I had to say goodbye.
I picked up his call. "Hello."
"Meet me on the roof."
"Why?" I asked but he hung up before he could answer.
I slipped on some shoes, put on a hoodie and then headed up to the roof.
I opened the door and saw Shawn standing with a little picnic infront of him.
"What is it with you and roofs Mendes?"
He grabbed my hands and pulled me towards him. "I can't resist a good view." He looked me up and down and then smirked at me. "And the view up here is pretty good too."
I could feel my cheeks turn red as I sat down.
"This is too much."
"Hey we're celebrating."
"I know but you didn't need to."
He kissed me. "Yes I did. Not stop winning and throw me some grapes."
I laughed and then opened the packet of grapes. We began throwing them into each others mouth. He managed to catch 5 in a row but I beat him by catching 8.
I threw one and it hit his eye making me burst out laughing.
He rubbed his eye. "Your aim is shit."
"You're catching is shit."
When we ate all we wanted to eat I leant on his chest as we watched the sunset.
I turned to him. "I told Syd about us."
"You did?"
"I had to tell her about last night, its girl code."
"Does that mean I can tell the guys?"
"I thought would've already."
He pretended to be shocked and placed his hand on his chest. "A guy never kisses and tells."
We sat on the roof for a little while longer and then went back to my room to watch a film before he left. I didn't want to say goodbye to him but I knew it wouldn't be for long because no matter how far we get into the competition, I'm going home for Halloween. This year me and Syd have planned a party and its going to be insane!