thirty two

1 MONTH LATER

Sid and Dan said they'd pick me up at 11 so I had enough time to go for a run and shower after. I hopped in the shower, washed my hair and body and then got out. I quickly shaved my legs before blow drying my hair and putting it in a high pony leaving my fringe out. I fancied a change one day and decided to get a fringe cut. It took me a while to get used to but I soon figured out how to style it. (I've always wanted a fringe but I've been too scared to get it cut lmfao) I put on a top and denim skirt and then done my make up before packing a small overnight bag. The hotel we're staying at is a couple of hours away and Bart is throwing the boys a wrap party to celebrate the end of Magcon. Me, Syd, Dan, Jake and Char all decided to stay at a hotel overnight and then come home the next day. It's just easier that way and no one has to drive home late in the dark. Syd text telling me they were outside so I grabbed my bag, put on some converse and then headed out shouting goodbye to my parents on the way. I dropped my bag in the trunk of Dan's car and then got in the back seat. As soon as I sat down Syd shouted "Jazz your hair!!" She studied it for a moment "How long have you had that?" I put on my seatbelt. "A couple of days."
"I love it!"
"Thank you! Where are we meeting Jake and Char?"
"We're stopping off at Jake's and then he's going to follow us there." Dan said starting up his car.
"Sounds good."
"Are you excited?" Syd said trying to do her make up in the passenger mirror. She can never get ready on time. Either she comes out half ready and finishes off in the car or she comes out ready but she's over an hour late.
"Yeah, we haven't all been together in a month."
I haven't told Syd about me sending Shawn the picture or what happened between me and Tom, I wanted to but every time I facetimed her or rang her Dan was around. We pulled up to Jake's house and Dan got out. As soon as he shut the door Sid turned to me.
"So what's happening with you and Shawn?"
"Nothing."
"Jazz I can read you like a book, I know you're lying."
I sigh. "We're just friends."
I bit down on my lip waiting for her response.
Her face dropped. "Are you serious?"
I chewed finger nail. "Yes."
Before she could say anything else Dan got back in the car and we headed off. It took us about an hour to get to the hotel. We left our bags in the car and got out to met up with Jake and Char.
"Nice hair." Char said pulling me in for a hug.
I thanked her and then we made our way to the lobby to wait for Shawn. My heart was beating so fast. I haven't spoken to him since I sent the picture so I'm not sure what his response will be. We only sat for a few minutes before he came walking towards us with the other Magcon boys. Everyone hugged Shawn and then it was my turn. As soon as I approached him he placed his hand on the side of my head. "You got a fringe cut."
"Yeah I fancied a change."
He paused for a moment. "I love it"
I smiled and then he introduced us to the rest of the Magcon boys. They left shortly after and we decided to get our bags out of the car. I turned to leave the hotel with the others but Shawn stopped me.
"Can I talk to you?" He asked.
"Sure."
He pulled me into his hotel room. I knew what he wanted to talk about it so I may as well get it over with. "Look about the picture, the girls-"
He cut me off before I could finish my sentence by pulling me in for a sudden kiss. He held the it for few seconds before pulling away. "You have no idea what that picture has done to me."
"What?"
He ignored my response and kissed me again but before it got too heated I stopped. "We should get back to the others."
We went out to the car and joined everyone else. Shawn helped carry my bags in and we dumped them in his hotel room, check in wasn't until after 3 anyway. We all decided to go out for lunch. We walked around for a while and then choose to eat at a small restaurant a few minutes away from the hotel. The waitress showed us to our booth and then handed us some menus. Syd sat down first followed by Dan, Shawn, me, Jake and then Char. We ordered our food and then waited.
Dan was the first one to speak. "How has Magcon been so far?"
"It's been great, I've met so many fans." Shawn answered.
"Whats been your favourite show?"
"They've all been amazing but I know tonight's show will be the best. I'm so excited to perform in my home town, plus my Mom, Dad and Aaliyah will be there."
I cut in. "When does the show finish? I need to tell my mum a time so she can pick me up."
"I thought you were staying at the hotel with us." Syd asked me.
"I was but you only booked two rooms, I just guessed you and Dan are in one and Jake and Char are in the other."
Shawn turned to me and I felt his hand place on my thigh. "You can stay in my hotel room." He slowly slid it up sending shivers up my leg.
"Okay." I said trying to ignore where his hand was but his thumb was stroking the inside of my thigh making my legs go tingly. You could literally cut the sexual tension between us with a knife.  Once our food came Shawn removed his hand and we all ate continuing to talk amongst one another. Shortly after we returned to the hotel so Shawn could get ready for the show.