Chapter 1

DEREK'S POV

"We are experiencing some tough winds, please make sure you have your seatbelt on, and fastened tightly." the pilot said over the loudspeaker. "Make sure you have your seat belt tighten Mer" I said while tightening my seatbelt.

"What do you think I am doing right now?" she responds, tightening the straps of the buckle. I put my hand on her knee, and she looks up at me. "It's gonna be fine, it's just some wind." she says, trying to calm down nerves.

But before I get a chance to respond there's a big bang and an explosion, before darkness consumes my thoughts.

MEREDITH'S POV

"Wake up!" I heard Cristina say. "WAKE UP" she screamed again. My vision was blurry, but as it started to clear up, I could see Cristina over me, and I heard a screaming voice, that was more then likely Arizona's.

"Where's Derek?" I say.

"I DON'T KNOW, BUT THE PLANE CRASHED, AND I DON'T HAVE A SHOE" Cristina screamed. "WHERE'S DEREK" I scream getting up, feeling the back of my head, seeing blood on my hand.

"Meredith, have you seen Lexie?" Mark asks, coming from up behind us. Before I can respond, Arizona does. "There's some banging, a noise from over there."

Mark, Christina, and I all followed the sound of the banging, and when we arrived at the sound, everyone stopped. Lexie was there, under a wing of the plane, banging up against it with a seatbelt.

"Lexie!" Mark screams, running to her.

MARK'S POV

"Lexie" I said laying down on my stomach looking at her. I felt her heartbeat and it was slow, but steady. "You are gonna be just fine Lex, you stay with me you understand?" I tell her, tears clouding my vision.

"Ma-r-k" she says tears streaming down her face. But before she can say anything else, I spit out something I have been holding in since she told me. "I love you too"

"You don't have to say it just because I said it" she responds, more tears coming down her face.

"I am not saying it because you said it, I am saying it because I really do love you and I want to grow old with you" I say. "We are going to get this thing off of you, you understand me." I ask her, starting to stand up.

I get up, and start trying to lift the plane off of her. "Christina come here and help me." I say grunting in pain. "My arm, it's dislocated, you need to relocate it, then I can." She responds. "Okay" I say going to her.

As I put my arm on her, she stops me. "Wait, okay go." I relocate her arm, while she screams in pain. "Okay, Okay." she says getting over to the plane ready to lift. "1, 2, 3." I say and we try to lift the plane off, but it fails once again.

"Mark, please come here." Lexie says her voice shaking. "What is it Lexie?" I say sounding concerned, going back down on the ground by her. "I am going to die." She states.

"Lexie Grey, you are not going to die you understand me, we are going to get out of this, and we are going to have kids, and get married, and live in a big house, with a huge backyard." I say tears rolling down my face.

"A family?" she says smiling. "Yes a family, two boys and one girl." I tell her. "Sofia can, she can have a sister and brothers." she responds, short winded. "But you have to hold on, and let us get this off of you, okay?" I tell her. She nods her head, but before I get up I tell her one more thing.

"We are meant to be." I whisper to her. "Meant to be." she responds, smiling. I smile back before getting up to try and get the plane off of her again. "Okay Christina, are you ready?" I say. "I guess" she says back.

"1, 2, 3" I yell before,

THUNK.