Chapter 2

Last time on, Slexie - What If?

"We are meant to be." I whisper to her. "Meant to be." she responds, smiling. I smile back before getting up to try and get the plane off of her again. "Okay Christina, are you ready?" I say. "I guess" she says back.

"1, 2, 3" I yell before,

THUNK.

___________________

MARK'S POV

"We got it off!" I say, going back down by Lexie, who is shivering and still crying. "It's going to be okay Lexie." I say as I cover her up with a blanket. "It's all going to be okay" she says before falling asleep. I put my hand on her chest just to make sure she is breathing, and she is.

"Has anyone seen Derek?" Meredith asks, coming over to us. "No, but I can go help you look." Christina says, and with that they went to look for Derek.

I was feeling very sleepy, but I couldn't go to sleep, because I wanted to make sure Lexie was okay. "Teach me" is all I can hear her saying in my mind, as everything starts becoming foggy, and then black.

LEXIE'S POV

I awaken with a thud, and I see Mark lying unconscious on the floor. "Help! Anyone!" I scream the loudest I can. "Lexie what is it?" Meredith says running over by us.

"Mark, he's collapsed." I say sobbing. "Lexie, calm down, we will take a look" she says.

"Christina, can you come over here for a second." She says, her voice shaking slightly. "Meredith, what's happening?" I ask, my voice trembling. "He looks like he has internal bleeding." Cristina said.

"Wait, what? What's going on over there, let me see him." I respond, trying to get up. "Lexie stay put, we are going to help him, but you can't move anymore, you're already hurt enough." Christina says. "We need something, anything we can get" Meredith says looking around. "Here take this" Derek says, pulling a hand sanitizer straw off the pump.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my voice trembling. "Helping him survive" Derek says, before poking the straw into his chest, and blood squirting out of the end. "Ow" mark mumbles, hunching over in pain.

"Mark!" I say, fear still in my voice. "You really think I would leave you Lexie?" Mark mumbles with a little chuckle and smirk on his face. "Anything can happen out here, can't it?" I respond, the fear that was just felt slowly fading away.

*5 hours later*

I was awaken by a loud sound, and then all of a sudden a bright light. Am I dying? I think to myself. "Lexie Grey:?." a male voice asks. I nod my head yes, still out of it and not knowing what's going on.

I feel myself getting lifted up on a gurney and transported into something, which I think is a plane. Fear trickles back into my body, knowing what happened the last time I was in a plane. "Mark?" I call aloud. "He's right here." the same guy says, wheeling him next to me.

MARK'S POV

"What happened?" I say out loud. The last thing I remember was being boarded on a plane, right next to Lexie, and now I am in a hospital bed, with X-rays of my chest on the wall.

"Dr. Sloan?" I hear a voice say. "Yes, where am I? And where is Lexie?" I ask, starting to move around and hoping that the person is still there. "Lexie Grey? I think she is still in surgery, I can go check if you'd like? The woman responds sweetly.

"Please." I choke back, and right after she leaves. "Mark?" I hear a familiar voice say. "Callie?" I reply.

"Yes, Mark, it's Callie." she replies. "Have you seen Lexie?" I ask with my voice shaking. "Yes, she just got out of surgery, she might be out for a hour or so." She says, coming over to my bedside, and holding my hand. "Is Sophia okay?" I ask looking at Callie. "Yes she is fine, she is still in Seattle with the babysitter." she replies.

"What if she doesn't make it Callie?" I say with tears forming in my eyes. "Mark Sloan! she will make it, she has made it this far, and she is going to come home with all of us. She didn't survive all of that just to end it here." She replies. "You've seen her?" I ask. "Well yeah, but I haven't talked to her since she has been unconscious.

"You're an ortho surgeon, is it bad?" I ask. She looks at me with pity in her eyes. "Please, tell me the truth." I beg her. "It doesn't look good, but at least she is alive." I let that sink in, just wanting to think about something else.

"Hows Arizona?" I ask, changing the subject. "She had an infection in her leg, and we might need to cut it off." She says with tears forming in her eyes. "Callie." I say squeezing her hand, this time pity showing on my face.

"Like you said, she is going to make it, we all are." I say.