Chapter 25

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

"Yes." I say, smiling at my baby, and my girlfriend. "We should get everything together then." She said, and started picking up all of our stuff that was scattered across the room. I put Piper back into the crib, and started helping her too.

"We are taking her home." she says, and kisses me. I accept the kiss, and we continue cleaning up.

_______________________

Lexie's POV

We finally made it home. Mark just pulled into the parking lot of the apartment. "Ready?" he asks me, looking at me. "I am ready to go home" I say, forcing a smile. But really I am scared. They haven't caught Julia, what if it's not me this time, what if its Piper? 

I don't think I could live if I lost Piper or Mark. They are my two people. Mark opens my door, he already got Piper out of the car. I grab the Diaper Bag out of the back, and we start walking towards the doors. 

Steve is there, at the desk. "Hey guys! Congrats on the little one!" he says, smiling. "Thanks Steve." Mark says, and then presses the button for the elevator to go up. "Oh, sorry man but the elevator still isn't working." Steve responds. 

Then it hits me. We have to take the stairs. "Oh, uhm." he says, looking at me. "I am good." I say. But I am really not, I am scared to death. He opens the doors to the stairs, and I start walking. The flashback happens. 

I see Julia standing there smiling at me, pushing me down, me lying there. It all starts coming back to me. I get's harder to breath, and Mark can see that. He gently puts down a sleeping Piper, and walks over to me.

He hugs me, trying to sooth me. "She isn't going to get you, I will be here to protect you." he whispers in my ear. I start to get ahold of my breathing again, and before I start again, I quickly go up the stairs.

I get on the floor of the apartment, and I let out a deep breath, then Mark opens the door with Piper. "Good?" he asks me, kissing my forehead. "Good." I respond, as he starts opening up the door.

I am welcomed into the house with balloons, and a banner saying, "Congrats Lexie!" It's decorated with little girly things, since we had a girl. "Ah, thanks Mark." I say, and kiss him. He shows me to the spare bedroom, with a pretty nursery set.

"This is the set we wanted!" I say, walking over to it. "Yeah, I decided to get the nursery and everything set up!" he says, smiling. "I love you so much." I say, walking over to him, and hugging him.

"I love OUR family, very much." he says, and with that, he pulls me into a kiss.