Chapter 17

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

"We are having a baby Lex!" He screams in joy. "We are having a baby!" I respond back, my tears now turning into a smile. 

________________________________________

Mark's POV

Its been a week since we found out that Lexie was pregnant, and it is finally showing. She doesn't have a bump yet, but she is always puking out what she ate. I just got done with my shift, when I get a call from Lexie. 

"Lex, hey, is everything okay?" I ask

"No, this baby is kicking my ass." she says, sounding like she just got done vomiting.

"I am almost home, okay?" I respond, getting into my car.

"Okay, see you soon, love you." she says.

"Love you too." I say, and then the line went silent.

The car ride was okay home, there wasn't much traffic. But there was these kids, who thinks its funny to blast their music to the point where I am still surprised there speakers are working. I get out the car, and lock the doors. 

"Hey Frank" I greet the doorman at the desk. "Hey, man and yo, congrats! I heard Lex was pregnant!" he responds. "Yeah, thank you!" I say, getting into the elevator. 

I get off the elevator, and go over to the door. I start looking for my keys, but before I can the door swings open, and Lexie runs up and hugs me. "I missed you." she says, still hugging me. "I missed you too," I say, smiling. 

"This BABY, is literally THE DEVIL." she play yells. "Probably cause it is my kid." I say, sitting down with her on the couch. "that is very true." she says, giggling. God, I love that giggle. "So, don't we have that appointment tomorrow? I ask.

"Mhm, we get to see how far along I am, but I think I know when it was conceived." she says, laughing. "Probably," I say, winking at her. I start kissing her neck, and then we start looking like a pair of high school kids, making out in the back of the school. 

"I love you Lex." I croak out. Tears start streaming my face. "Mark, whats wrong." she asks, she puts her head on the side of my neck. "I. Don't. Know." I say, stilling crying.  "I mean, I could have lost you, that day on the plane, and your here, and your pregnant with our child." I croak out, which makes me cry even more. 

"Mark, its fine, I am here, and I am not going to leave you, because I love you. I always have and always will." she says, now looking up at me.

"I love you Lexie Grey." I pronounce, some tears still coming down my cheeks. "I love you too Mark Sloan, now lets go lay down and cuddle." she says, getting up and walking to the bedroom. I get up and follow her.

I am living the life I had always wanted. Me and Lex, and now we are going to be starting a family. I mean I could propose to her, but I mean we just got back together. Maybe when she is a little more pregnant I will. 

"Come here." she says, and lays down on the bed. I walk over to her, and climb over her onto the bed. Then I feel her warm touch over my body. She puts her head on my chest, and our fingers laced together. 

"This is how is should always be." I say, smiling. "It really should." she responds, and starts cuddling me even more. I wish it would never end, and there we where, falling asleep in each others arms, like it was the right thing to do. Like there was nothing else in the world too do.