Chapter 12

Previously on Slexie - What If?

I forgot how good it felt to hug him. I put my head on his chest, and he said "I could stay like this forever."

"Me too. Me too." I say and he pulls me back in for a kiss. 

_____________________________________________________

Lexie's POV

"I can't believe I am getting discharged." I say, practically squealing. "Slow down Lex," Mark says, while packing all my things. "I am sorry, just I never thought I was gonna get to go back home, let alone with you," I say, looking at him.

"Me too." He says, coming over too me and hugging me. "Okay, we can cuddle all we want at the apartment, so lets hurry up and pack." I say, getting back to what I was doing. "Okay." Mark responds, smiling.

*15 minutes later*

"ready?" Mark asks, while bring in the wheelchair. "I have never been this ready." I say, walking over to the wheelchair, and sitting down. "You have been getting better at that whole walking thing." Mark says, while pushing me down the hallway. 

"Yeah, I know." I respond, smiling. "I love you Lex." he says, and presses the down button on the elevator. "I have off for about 2 weeks, then I have to go back to work." Mark says, looking at me. 

DING.

"That's okay, I am going to try and see how long it is before I get back to work." I say, as the door opens, and looking upon, a crowd of people. 

"Little Grey!" I hear Callie call from the crowd. "What are you all doing here?" I ask, holding back tears. "We weren't not going to send you off." Meredith says, reveling herself from the crowd. "Mer, how is Derek?" I ask, looking at her. 

"He has been able to move his hand, so better." she responds, and for the first time in a long time, I can see the hope in her eyes. "I will come every chance I get." I say, reaching for her arm, and grabbing her hand. 

"You also need to worry about you getting better Lex." she says, squeezing my hand. "I will, but I am going to worry about my sister too." I say, letting go of her hand. "I know, thats just the person you are Lexie." She says, smiling. 

"and it will never change!" I respond, smiling again. "We should probably get going." Mark responds, and then starts wheeling me out of the crowd. "Bye Guys!" I yell, waving goodbye. "Bye Lex!" I hear people say. 

"Why do you want to get home all of a sudden?" I ask, looking at him. "I haven't had you alone in MONTHS, and want some Lex and Me time." he says, winking at me.

"Ah, this is the Mark Sloan I know and love best," I say, laughing.