Chapter 48

Previously on, Slexie - What If?

Today was good, hopefully the weeks to follow would be too. But little did I know, I was wrong, so wrong. 

___________________

Lexie's POV

I was so happy when Mark came into the ultrasound. 'Maybe we can survive this after all' I think to myself. I wait for Casey to pick me up. Her shift is over any minute now, so I am waiting by the entrance way. 

It is freezing out. The ground is slippery, and snow is falling down hard. It's beautiful, but so deadly. If your car slips on ice, it could be deadly. I think all this to myself, until I hear Casey calling my name. 

"Lex, you good?" she asks me. "Yeah, just thinking about snow and everything." I say, looking back at her. "Oh, thats good?" she questions, smiling. "I don't really know." I say. "How was the ultrasound?" she asks. "Good, you'll never guess who showed up there." I say.

"Who?" she asks. "Mark, he came in and was with me." I say. "Mark? He was in surgery today a lot, maybe he could have though." she says. "We should get started out, its going to be a long drive if we don't get out before it gets really bad." she says. 

We start walking to her car. We finally reach it, and she unlocks the door. We hop inside, and turn the car on. She cranks the heat up as far as it goes, and starts to drive back. "So what are we doing tomorrow?" I ask her. 

"Well I have to go back to work, if you are going to." she says. "Yeah, I probably will" I say. We cross over the bridge. "You can tell its really icy here" she says. We finally reach her house, and practically run inside. 

We sit down on the couch, letting out a breath. "Do you think he can ever get over this?" I ask her. "It might take some time, but yes" she replies. I let out another deep breath. I just want to go home.

Mark's POV

Going to that ultrasound, helped, I think. I am still pissed that she kept the pregnancy away from me though. "Hey, where were you?" Derek says, coming up from behind me. "Oh, uhm. I went to Lexie's ultrasound today" I reply. 

"Have you forgiven her already?" He asks. "No, not yet. But I hope we can someday." I respond  back. "Well, I don't think you should forgive her, not yet anyway" he responds back. "like I said, its going to take a while" I say back. 

"Okay, well good luck" he says. "thanks?" I say. He walks away, leaving me alone to think about everything again. I check my schedule, to see I have a surgery in a couple hours. I decide to go take a nap, so I had to the nearest on call room. 

I open the door, and close it. I check the beds, and see only one person in here. Its a women. I go lay down on the other bed, and think about my thoughts again. I face the wall, and just think. I hear the women get up, and I think she is going to leave. But she hops in my bed. 

"What the hell!" I scream. I flip around and see Julia, siting there. "Hello Mark" she says. "Julia, get the hell out of here!" I yell. "You don't mean that, because you love me" she says. "Have you gone insane? You tried to kill Lexie, when she was pregnant!" I yell back. "she is trying to get in the way of our relationship, and I couldn't let her do that!" she says back.

"Get out of here!" I spit back. "The police have been looking for me" she says back, not moving. "But I am not finished. Anyway, I hear she is pregnant again. Since I failed at killing her, I will just have to something else. Since the baby survived the fall, and so did she, that means I have to go with Plan B. Its fun really. So I have to go, because I am going to go start my plan. See you later Mark" she says. She gets up from the bed, and walks out of the room.

Before I can do anything else, I get off the bed, and go to see where she is. I open the door, to find her no where in sight. I run down the hallway, and to the elevators. No one is there. "Lexie" I whisper. She's going to do something to Lexie. 

Lexie's POV

"Hey Lex, I just got called in" Casey yells from her bedroom. "Okay, I will come with, I have to talk to Dr. Bailey anyway" I say, sliding my shoes on. I grab my purse, and head out to her car. She comes running out with her things, and she hops in the car.

She puts the key into the ignition, and the car starts. The heat starts coming through the vents, as she pulls out of the driveway. "I don't know how long I am going to be there, so I will give you my keys if you need to go anywhere." she states. "Okay" I say. We continue driving for about 10 minutes until we reach the bridge.

All of a sudden, her car starts making weird noises. We get in the middle of the bridge, when it breaks down. "Damn it." she hisses. She tries to start her car over and over again, but it doesn't seem to be working.

We both get out the the car, to see what is wrong. We open the hood of the car, and smoke comes pouring out. "This is just great" she says. "I will go get my phone, see if I can reach anyone." I say. I walk back to the car, and open the door. I grab my purse, and start digging through it. I find it, and grab it.

"Cas, I have no bars" I say, still looking down at my phone. I get no response, so I start walking up to the front of the car. "Casey" I say. I get to the front of the car, and see her on the ground bleeding. 

"Casey, wake up!" I yell. "Oh dear, she isn't going to be waking up anytime soon" I hear someone say. 

That someone, is Julia.