Chapter 40

Previously on, Slexie - What If?

"I like the fall idea too." he says, looking over to me. I smile back at him, but then I see his eyes open wide and then everything turns black.

__________________________

Mark's POV

Drunk driver. Thats what they said was the cause of the accident. We were just driving on the road when the driver hit us, and hit my poor Lexie. She was rushed to surgery right when we got here. As I sit on an ER bed waiting to get discharged, I overhear hear the nurses talking.

"They don't think the girl that was just brought in is going to make it." the one nurse says. "Maybe a miracle can happen, you never know" the other one says, grabbing a clipboard. She starts walking towards me, and I think they are my discharged paper.

"Mr. Sloan, here are your papers, you are free to leave whenever." she says smiling at me and handing me the papers. "Thanks" I mumble out. I sign my name and I hand the papers back to her. I get off the bed and I start walking towards the waiting room.

I sit down and grab my phone from my pocket. I dial Meredith's number and wait for her to answer. After a couple rings there is still no answer, so I just leave her a voicemail. "Meredith, its Mark, I need you to call me back as soon as possible, its Lexie"

I hang up the call, and start tapping my foot on the ground. After about 20 minutes of doing this, a doctor comes out of the door, and starts looking around the room. "Is there a Mark Sloan in here?" he calls out.

"Right here" I say, jumping out of my chair. "Hello, my name is Dr. Calloeto and I am Lexie's surgeon. The surgery was a successful, but there was a lot of bumps in the road. I read on the file that she was in a plane crash about a year ago, so that made it harder for us to operate. The unjuries she sustained in this crash was and still can be life threating." she continues.

"She is in the ICU right now, and we don't know if she is going to make it. But we are going to do everything we can to make sure she try and lives" she finishes up. Tears are threating to spill from my eyes, but I keep them in. "May I go see her?" I ask.

"Of course, she is in the ICU, room 376" she says. "Thank you" I say, grabbing my things and start heading up to her room. I walk into the elevator, and walk out of it when the doors open. I press the call button and the nurse opens the door right away.

Right as I walk into the ICU I can hear all the machines beeping in the rooms. I walk past the rooms and see many people and their families, as they sit next to their loved ones on the bed with tubes down their throats.

I walk past room 374, and then 375. I reach her room, and I can hear the beeping of the machines going on. I walk slowly into her room to see the love of my life laying there lifeless, tubes everywhere. It makes me sick just looking at all the pain she is in right now.

I pull a chair from the side of the room, and pull it up to the bed. I sit down, and grab her tiny hand. I pull it up to my mouth, and kiss it. I can feel the tears that I once tried to hold, but are all falling down.

"Lex, I don't know if you can hear me, but I just wanted to let you know that I love you. You can't die on me, and you can't die on Piper. We all need you. I can't breath or even live without you. I love you so much, and nothing will ever change that. We-we were just talking about wedding plans, and someone hit you. I can't do this without you. Please, don't die on me. I love you so much Lexie Grey." I croak out, tears now freely flowing.

I look down to the floor, just thinking about all my thoughts her hand still in mine.

Then I feel something holding my hand. I look up and I see the beautiful eyes of my fiance, starring straight at me.

<<<>>>

As promised! Thank you for reading my book, I will try to update as soon as possible!

-Abby