Chapter 46

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

After about 5 minutes, she still hasn't calmed down. What am I gonna do?

_____________ 

Lexie's POV

Loneliness. Thats just one of the many emotions I am feeling. Having crazy hormones due to the pregnancy isn't helping many matters either. "Lex, we need to go, your appointment is in 20 minutes." Casey says. 

I slowly get up, and grab my jacket and purse. "Okay" I say, walking out the door. We get out of her house, and head into the car. It is December now, and it has just started fully snowing, not to mention all the ice. 

Casey starts the car, and cranks up the heat. "How far along are you now?" she asks me. "I think about two and a half months." I reply. "Okay, do you want me to go in you when the doctor checks the baby, or?" she asks. 

"Can you please come in?" I ask her. "Of course Lex." she replies. We cross the bridge, which means we are about 5 minutes away from the hospital. She lives more in the woods, due to her having a cabin.

About 5 minutes later, we are pulling into the hospital parking lot. This is the first time I have been here since the big fight. No one for sure has forgotten about it. Owen said I could have some time off, to deal with things. 

She parks the car, and takes the keys out of the ignition. "ready?" she asks me. "I guess" I reply back, getting out of the car. I throw my purse over my shoulder, and start walking up to the entrance. I don't know who my doctor is, but hopefully they are good.

I walk past the place Mark parks his car, to see it there. 'Oh good' I think to myself. We make it to the entrance to be met by the business of the hospital. I start walking over to the elevator, clicking the up button. "Lex, I am so sorry, I just got paged, I don't think I can make it" Casey says. "It's okay" I say, putting a fake smile over my face. "Thank you so much Lex, page me when its done!" she says, and then starts running down the hall. 

Just as the elevator door is about to close, a hand stops it. I look to the floor. "HOLD!" I hear someone yell. The elevator door closes, and I look up. Of course the one guy I was trying to hide from would be in the elevator with me. Mark.

Mark's POV

I quickly park my car. I see two ladies walk into the hospital. I quickly get out of the car, and go to take Piper out of the back. I get her out, and grab everything else I need. I quickly start to go into the hospital. 

I see Casey running down the hallway. The elevator door is about to close, but I quickly hold it. "HOLD!" I yell. I get into the elevator. But then I see her. Lexie. She is starring at the ground, but then looks up at me when the elevator door closes. "Oh uhm." she says, starring back at the ground. 

Piper starts to cry, but once she lays on Lexie, she stops. She holds her hands out. Lexie seems to notice right away. "Can I please hold her" she asks. "Sure" I say, putting Piper's carseat down. She unbuckles her, and picks her up immediately. 

Piper puts her head in Lexie's chest, and starts to close her eyes. I can see and kind of hear Lexie whispering into her ears. The elevator door rings for the daycare center. "You can take her there with me if you'd like" I say. 

"I'd like that" she says, a small smile appearing on her lips. Her lips. Soft, beautiful lips. I snap out of my world when she starts to walk to the daycare. I quickly but silently follow her. We finally get to the daycare center, and Lexie signs her in. She gives her one last kiss, and hands her to the lady. 

I can see the lady looking at her judgmentally. It makes me angry, but I can't say anything, because I was the one who caused it. After she gives Piper to the lady, she just stands there, starring at the floor. "So, what are you doing here today?" I ask her.

"Well, the first ultrasound is today, soo" she mumbles. She looks down at her watch, and gets wide eyes. "which was suppose to be 5 minutes ago" she says, starting to walk off. "Well, good luck" I say. She turns back while walking and says, "ok."

Lexie's POV

Well that was just a little awkward, I think to myself as I walk to the appointment. I get to the desk, and quickly sign in. "Who are you?" the lady asks, still typing away. "Lexie Grey, here for ultrasound" I respond. Once I say my name, the lady looks up at me quickly. She looks at me funny, but starts starring back at her computer screen, typing away. 

"Okay, room 431." she says. I say thank you, and head back to the room. I open the door to find an intern working on some paper work on the counter. When I close the door, she immediately looks up. "Lexie Grey?" she asks. 

"Thats me" I mumble. "Okay, we just need to ask you a few questions, and then we can call the doctor in." She says, taking out a piece of paper. 

<<<>>>>

A/N 

FOUR MORE CHAPTERS TILL THE FINALE!