Chapter 38

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

"Okay, and I am picking her up in daycare right?" she asks. "Yes, I we are going to the hospital right after this." I respond back. "Okay, have a safe trip then!" She says, hugging me. "Thanks Mer, be safe too!" I say, walking out the door.

"Lets get this show on the road" I mumble to myself. 

_________________

Lexie's POV

"Mark!" I yell from the bathroom. "Yes?" he asks standing in the doorway. "do you know where you put the toothbrushes?" I ask. "They are in the first drawer, now hurry up and get ready, your boards are in an hour and a half" he says, leaving the bathroom door.

'Okay, you can do this' I think to myself. I go into the first drawer, and pull out my toothbrush. I brush my teeth, and start brushing my hair. "Should I have my hair up or down?" I yell. "Down!" he yells back. 

"down it is" I whisper to myself. I do the last touches on my makeup, which isn't a lot. I walk out of the bathroom. "How do I look?" I ask him. He stands up from the desk, and starts slowly walking towards me. 

"You look beautiful, like always" he says, kissing me. "You look pretty good yourself." I smirk. "Well I have to be when they ask you to be one of the representatives for Plastics." he says nervously. "Your nervous, aren't you." I say, putting my hand on his cheek.

"You can tell?" he asks. "Yes, but your going to do great. Your a great teacher." I say, smiling at him. "You always know what to say Lex" he says. "I know" I say, turning around and grabbing my purse. "Okay, we better get going" I say, grabbing the key card.

I breath in and out, trying to calm myself down. "Lex, your going to do great" Mark says, kissing me. "Okay, lets go before I get any more anxious." I say. Mark goes over to the door and opens it. "Ladies first" he says, bowing. "Thank you" I say, laughing. 

<<<>>>

(3 hours later)

 "I can't believe I just took my boards" I say. "How do you think you did?" Mark asks. "I mean, I don't know" I say, facing him. "Well knowing you, you probably did great" he says, kissing me on the cheek. 

"Now, we have a dinner reservation, so lets go" he says, grabbing my hand. "Okay" I say, as we start walking down the hall of the hotel. We are on the third floor, so we have to take the elevator down to the lobby. 

As we approach the entrance to the hotel, Mark goes a little ahead to open the door. "A true gentlemen" I say, smirking. "Laugh all you want" he says, as he grabs my hand again. We start walking to the car, which isn't that far away. 

"Are you going to tell me where we are going now?" I ask. "You just have to wait and see." he responds back. 

We start driving into town. We are in Oregon for the tests, but it is fall, so the leaves are changing colors. We pull of into this park, that has a little place that is lit up with candles. "Mark, did you do this?" I ask. "I had some help." he says.

We get out of the car, and he grabs my hand as we walk up to the little picnic. "After you" he says, helping me up the steps. "Mark, this is beautiful." I whisper. "For a beautiful person" he replies. 

We sit down at the table, as he uncovers what looks like appetizers. "Mark" I say. "We should start to eat before everything gets cold." he says. We start to eat and drink all the wonderful food that was made for us. 

After we finish eating, Mark gets up. "Mark, what are you doing?" I ask. "There is one more thing I want to show you." he says. I grab his hand, as we starting walking into the park. Just then I see candles lined up in rows, and flowers in a circle. "Mark" I whisper out.

He starts walking me towards the flowers. We stop when we reach the flowers. "Lexie Grey. You are the reason I live. You brought me my wonderful daughter, and I can never repay you for that. I love you so much, that it hurts. And I don't ever want to imagine my life without you, because when you weren't in it, it sucked." he stops for a minute.

"And I know this is what I want to do, I want to grow old with you, I want to do everything with you. I want to be the father of your children, I want it all. Your flaws, your everything. You may think you are broken and scarred because of the plane crash. But you are nothing short of beautiful. I wouldn't change ANYTHING about you. I wouldn't ever have enough time to tell you what I love about you, because I am learning more and more things about you everyday, and what I already know I love. So, with all that being said" he says, pausing and getting down on one knee.

"Will you marry me Lexie Grey?"