Chapter 30

Previously on, Slexie - What If?
"LEXIE GREY, I AM GOING TO KILL EVERYONE WITH YOU, IF YOU DON'T COME OUT!" the lady says. She is in the daycare center. Everyone freezes. 

Then the worst thing possible happens.

Piper starts crying.
_______________________________

Lexie's POV

"So your in here?" She says, banging on the bathroom door. "Come out now, before I kill your baby." she says. "Mark, I have too." I say, starting to walk to the door.

"Lex, he SWAT team is coming. Just try and wait till then." Mark pleads. "But what if they don't, what if she does come in, and shoots Piper, or even you." I say, tears coming down my face. 

"She won't, but you need to stay in here." Derek whispers to me. "I can't take the chance." I say, walking to the door. "Lexie Grey, no." Mark says, taking my arm. "Mark, please, I can't hurt you." I say, tears streaming down my face.

He hugs me, and kisses me. "Please don't" he says, tears rolling down his face. "I love you. And I love you too Piper." I say, walking over to her. I kiss her forehead. "Thank you." I say, looking up to Meredith and Derek. 

Before Mark can grab me again, I walk out of the bathroom, and come face to face with the gunman. "Well, well, wonder what was taking you so long." she says, walking towards me. Then the bathroom door opens, and Mark comes running out.

"Mark, get back in there." I plead. "Ah, so this is the boyfriend?" she says, pointing the gun at Mark. "Yes, and I will not let a psycho KILL kill her." he says. "I am a psycho?" she yells. "Don't shoot him, he didn't do anything, I did it." I say. 

"No matter what I am going to shoot you." she says, looking back at me. I close my eyes to get ready to be shot. Just then two gunshots go off. I hear one person fall to the floor. More like two. I open my eyes, to see the gunman on the ground. 

I look up and see the SWAT team. "oh thank god" I breath out. "Le-ex-xie" mark whispers out. "Mark?" I say, and look at my love, the father of my child, lying on the ground, shot. "Mark! You stay with me, okay? And if not for me, then for Piper." I say. 

By this time I am balling. I can barely see in front of me. "Please don't die." I yell out. "I-l love-e yo-ou-u." he says. He took his last breath.

"MARK NO!" I scream out. I start doing CPR. "Lex. He isn't coming back." Meredith says, looking at me. "HOW CAN YOU JUST STAND HERE?"I yell. "Lex. Let him go." Derek says, pulling me away. "I-I can't-t." I say, before everything goes black.

Then I wake up.

"Lex, hey are you okay?" I see the face of my love, the father of my child. "Mark!" I say, hugging him. "Lex, its okay, everything's okay." he says, hugging me back.

"Don't leave me Mark Sloan." I say, looking at him. "I won't, if you won't." he says back.