Chapter 18

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

"This is how is should always be." I say, smiling. "It really should." she responds, and starts cuddling me even more. I wish it would never end, and there we where, falling asleep in each others arms, like it was the right thing to do. Like there was nothing else in the world too do.

____________________________________________

Mark's POV

It's about 2:45 in the morning, and I hear Lex run out of the bed, and into the bathroom. I get up, and follow her into the bathroom. She is over the toilet, vomiting whatever she last ate. "Shhh," I say, rubbing her back. 

"Oh god, I don't know how much more I can take of this." she says, finally done puking. "Just imagine what he or she looks like, and when we first hold it." I say, smiling at my own words. "I know, but for right now, I am going to hate it." she says, getting up. 

"Ready to go back to bed?" I say, getting up, and put my hand on her back. "If I can get back to bed." she states, climbing into the bed, and pulling the covers back over her. "Love you, Lex." I say, closing my eyes, and drifting back into a deep sleep.

Lexie's POV

I feel bad, I mean he works long shifts, and then comes home to me waking up every hour puking. I mean I know he says its all about the end, and when we get to see our baby for the first time. 

I get up again, carefully, and this time not waking up Mark, and going into the bathroom. I didn't even know I could have puked up anymore, but there I was, puking again. I laid down on the bathroom floor, where it was cold. 

It felt good on my body, the last thing I remember was falling asleep on the bathroom floor. 

"Lex, what are you doing?" I hear Mark say. "wh-at?" I say, getting up and rubbing my eyes. "Why didn't you wake me." he asks, concern in his voice. "I don't know, I mean you work long shifts, then come home to a cranky hormonal girlfriend." I say, starting to stand up. 

Somewhere along the way of getting up, I get dizzy, and loose my balance. "Lex!" Mark yells, and runs over to me. I hit my head on the back of the counter. "Ouch." I say, putting my hand on the back of my head.

Mark picks me up, bridal style, and then places me on the bed. "I could have gotten up you know." I say, standing back up. "oh no you don't" he says, putting me back into the bed. "We have to get ready for the appointment!" I state. "Okay, let me pick out what your going to wear, and then we can go." he says, going over to my closet.

He picks out a pair of my stretchy pants, because he knows thats what I find comfortable now. He then grabs my blue blouse, and comes walking back towards me. "Okay here." he says, placing the clothes on the bed. 

"You gonna help me get dressed too." I say in a sarcastic tone. "I mean I could." he says, kissing me. "You go get ready, and then we can kiss." I say, getting up, and taking off my pajamas. I put on my pants first, and then my bra, then my shirt. "Okay, done." he says, coming out in his jeans, and grey shirt. 

"I have to go brush my hair, then I will be ready." I state, walking over to the bathroom. I brush my teeth, then I put my hair up in a pony tail. "Okay, ready." I say, walking out into the living room. "okay, lets go." he says, grabbing his keys off the counter.

He puts his hands around my waist, and starts walking me over to the elevator. He presses the down button. 

We get into the elevator, and click the first floor button. "I can't wait to see how are baby is doing." I say, not hiding that I am excited. "me too, and then we can see how far along you are." he says, smiling from ear to ear. 

"I love you." he blurts out. "I love you too?" I say, looking at him. The elevator door opens, Mark's arm still around my waist, and we walk out of the building together. He opens my door, and I sit down into the car. "Thank you kind sir," I say, as he sits in the driver side. "No problem kind ma'am." he says, leaning over and kissing me. 

"lets go see our baby." he says, looking at me, his eyes sparkling. "Let's go see our baby." I say smiling.