Chapter 44

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

If you think this is over, you are sure as hell wrong. You better sleep with one eye open, because just when you think I will not be watching you, I will be.

xoxo

Julia

________________________________

Lexie's POV

I have to tell him, but how do I tell him? I am in the kitchen cooking dinner, while Mark is in the nursery with Piper. I mean she is only 6 months, gonna be about a year and a half when the new baby is born.

"Mark!" I yell. "Coming!" he replies back. A few seconds later he is standing in the kitchen. "Everything good?" he asks. "Yeah, uhm, I have a question for you." I say, putting down the towel in my hands. "Yes?" he says, looking at me. 

"I was wondering if you ever wanted another kid?" I ask. "Not really, I like it just the way it is, you know?" he says. I start to get worried. "Well, what would you do if we had another?" I ask. "Well, what would you do if I got pregnant again?" I ask. "I don't really know, why?" he asks.

"Nothing, just wondering" I say, continuing onto the dinner. "Dinner is ready, by the way" I say, grabbing the plates out of the cabinet. I put food on his and my plate, and we eat in silence. 

>>><<<

NEXT DAY

"Lex, you ready?" Mark yells from the living room? "Yeah, I am just getting Piper's shoes!" I yell back. I quickly wash my mouth out with mouth wash, to get rid of the odor of puke. I grab Pipers shoes on the bed, and run to the living room. "Okay, ready" I say, grabbing my purse. 

<<<>>>

"Okay, see you later have a good day!" Mark says, kissing me then walking to away. I start walking to the ER, when I get a page from Casey. "Meet in the Janitors closet on the second floor, near the cafeteria."

I start walking to the meeting place. I walk to the closet, and open the door to find Casey sitting on the floor. "I was wondering when you would get here" she says, getting up quickly. "whats up?" I ask. "Your pregnant" she says. "Yeah." I say, looking down to my shoes. 

"The whole hospital knows." she says. "What?" I look up to her with wide eyes. "Ho-w?" I stutter. "I don't know, but they know, and if you didn't tell Mark, he is gonna know now." she states. "Oh god, I didn't, and he said he wasn't ready for another kid." I say, putting my hands over my head. 

"Go home, and wait for him there" she says. "okay, yeah I will do that." I say, gathering everything. "See you later Casey" I say, and start heading towards the chiefs office. I knock on the door, until I hear a yes. "Lexie, how can I help you?" Dr. Bailey asks.

"I was wondering if I could take the day off?" I ask. "of course, the pregnancy right?" she asks me. "yes, thank you, talk to you later Chief, thank you again" I say, and walk out the door. I practically  run to the lounge, but on the way getting dirty looks and people start whispering.

I grab all my things, and head for the car. I get as close as the door when I hear my name being yelled. I stop right away, and turn around to find an angry Mark staring at me in the face. "So where you going to tell me that you where pregnant, or just wait till I found out." he spits out. 

"Mark I-" before I can say more I am cut off by him. "You want to know what Lexie" he says. By this time there is a crowd around us, just watching. "I am done, so done." he says. Tears start to form in my eyes, as he holds his hand out. "I need the ring back" he hisses.

"Mar-" he cuts me off again. "No, Lexie, now" he says. I take the ring off my finger and hand it back to him. "I am taking Piper." he states. "No, she is our child, she is no-" I try to say. "Well you are going to have another one, so you'll be just fine." he says, and starts walking to the daycare. 

I stand there, just starring at him, until I can't see him anymore. "Lexie, lets go." I hear someone say, and start walking me out of the hospital. "No, I can't let him keep her." I say. "Lexie, we will figure this out, okay?" I hear Casey say. I hear a car door open, and the keys from my hand be taken out. "Go into the passenger seat Lex" she says.

I do what she says, and she gets in, and starts driving me back home. "You get some of your stuff, and then we can stay at my house for a little while." she says. "No, I need to talk to him, he can't just take him away from me." I say, starting to get angry. "Lex, give him time, he needs it, then talk to him" she says calmly.

"O-okay" I stutter out. All of the reality just hit me. He's gone, and he isn't gonna come back. He has my baby. What has happened?

<<<>>>

A/N 

Oh no. I am sorry for making this happen, but you will see what I am trying to do! The story is going to be ending in a couple chapters! I may or may not be creating another book, it just depends if you guys would enjoy it! Thank you so much for reading! There may be another chapter posted after this just to kinda catch up, but i don't know yet!

UNTIL THEN! Have a great day or night!