Chapter 2

After what had happened to Matthew, Lyra had locked herself in her room, canceling the plans for a girl's night. Her parents had tried to make her come downstairs for dinner, but she wouldn't allow herself to step out into the dining room. She wasn't upset because of Matthew's death, it was because she had become paranoid.

All of them were.

Back at Sirena's place, she was alone. Her mom had gone over to the market to buy some desserts. Desserts made her feel better. Sirena grabbed her phone and called Lyra again, but she still wouldn't pick up.

She sighed and gave up. Her ex-boyfriend was now dead. Sirena couldn't blame her for blocking out everyone.

Just then the doorbell had rang. Sirena jumped from the sudden noise and mentally scolded herself for being scared. "Coming mom!"

After swinging the door open, she was confused. No one was there. Then she looked down and saw a basket covered by a cloth. Sirena picked up the basket and was surprised that it was heavy and... Dripping?

"What the hell?" She peered down onto the bottom of the basket and instantly dropped it, screaming. "Oh my gosh!"

Her hands trembled as she picked off the cloth. Her eyes were wide and fear crept in.

A white cat was in the basket. Dead. Her cat was dead. It was covered in blood.

She picked up the little note and hesitantly opened it, reading.

You think it was all over, but it's not.

You thought I was gone so you had forgot.

Remember what happened to day,

Because next time, I'll really make you afraid.

-Zero

Sirena tore the piece of paper and looked solemnly at her dead cat. The tips of her fingers felt numb and her throat felt dry.

She tore her gaze off of her cat and sighed. It wasn't over?

Placing her phone in the back of her pocket, Sirena took lots of towels and carefully placed it under the basket so that the blood wouldn't get on the carpet. She carried it over to her table and just stared at it.

Matthew was dead and so was her cat. What else was next? This time, Zero took the game to the next level.

That was if they were even playing the sick game. Maybe they aren't and this is actually happening. This isn't a game anymore.

*****

For the next few hours, Sirena sadly got rid of the body of her cat and three away the basket and towels. She texted Cress of what happened and decided to curl up in a ball on the floor, getting paranoid once more

Her phone rang and she immediately picked up. "Cress?"

"What the heck happened to your cat?"

"I don't know." She replied. "I just found him laying inside a basket dead."

"Did Zero kill him?"

"Probably so." Uh, it was a definite so. Sirena scoffed at herself. Her fudging cat was dead and all she could think about was punching the guy in the face.

A moment of silence passed through them. Only the sound of heavy breathing was heard. Sirena's fingers curled around her phone, slightly nervous and scared of what Cress will say. In their group, Crescent was the most tempered when it comes to things like this.