Chapter 6

Lyra stuffed ice cream into her mouth, her mood becoming brighter. Her grandmother, Hailey, placed two more bowls of ice cream in front of Crescent and Sirena. Cress picked up the chocolate ice cream instantly and thanked her grandmother. "Thanks Mrs. Fields."

"No problem dear, did your parents leave you all alone again?" she questioned her with a raised eyebrow. Cress retorted,"What do you think?"

Sirena elbowed her in the side. "Cress! Where are your manners?"

"I don't have any." she shrugged then turned to Lyra's grandmother. "Sorry, Mrs. Fields."

"That's alright. I'll be off then, I've got to go to my old hometown."

"What? Why? Are you moving?" Lyra asked.

"No, I thought I'd just visit an old friend." she waved it off and headed out the door. Sirena, Lyra, and Cress said goodbye to her as she drove away.

Cress blew her bangs out of her face and took out one of the blood samples from her pocket. "I only had time to get this blood sample."

"Whose blood is it?" Lyra asked her hesitantly.

Cress placed it upon the table as they crowded around it. Sirena looked over to Cress. Crescent sighed and replied,"The blood came from an animal. It was your cat's blood, Sirena."

Sirena looked back down at the blood and frowned. "Oh."

"But," Cress continued. "It wasn't the only blood on the wall."

"What do you mean it wasn't the only blood on the walls?"

"While I was cleaning, I checked the other rooms and found more. I took some more samples and figured out that it had Matthew's blood as well, but his blood was mixed in with some other person's. I don't think I can find out whose blood that was, if I do, I might vomit." Cress finished with a crossed face.

"How and where does he get all of this blood from?" Sirena glared at her cat's blood, as if she were waiting for an answer. "Did anyone bully you again, Lyra?"

"N-No! I swear, Phoebe was the only one!" Lyra shook her head.

Cress sighed and rubbed her temples. "Forget all about the blood for once, we need to know where the bracelet came from. It might be a sign that the Gemini is still alive! Or at least one of them."

"Or it could be that Zero placed it there to trick us, you never know." Sirena looked skeptically at her. "As much as I want to figure out if they are still alive, we need to lie low. It's best that we don't get on Zero's temper."

Lyra and Cress nodded simultaneously.

After a few more hours at Lyra's place, Sirena told them that she had to head out to buy some flowers for her grandparents as well. Since Sirena hasn't seen her parents in a long time, she was hoping that she could be with them for the whole day at least. She got in her car and drove out, leaving the town since her grandparents live up in the mountains.

Sirena had always thought that it was weird that they lived up there, but her grandparents always told her that they had amazing views from up there. So she just let them be. It would take about three hours to get there, but the trip would be worth it.

After the first hour, Sirena drove by the ocean view and looked down to see her bouquet of flowers she had bought for her grandparents. She had a smile on face, but that all soon disappeared when some other black car was driving on the other road beside her. Sirena tried not to panic and sped up just a little. When the car slowed down a little, she relaxed.

Then when she had least expected it, the black car slammed right into hers, Sirena jerked on her wheels and tried to regain her balance. She looked out the window and saw that she was dangerously close to falling.