Chapter 12

Lyra stabbed her plate filled with pancakes repeatedly with a fork. She had apparently told Crescent that she was having a bad day.

Sirena tapped her fingers against her plastic cup. "Are you okay?"

"Does it look like I'm okay?" Lyra grumbled under her breath. "I'm seriously freaking out right now. The person who we just escaped from years ago, now wants to take us again and nearly killed us. So does it look like I'm okay?"

Sirena raised an eyebrow and looked away, drinking from the plastic cup. "You sound exactly like Crescent right now."

"I do not!"

"Sure, whatever you say," Sirena said as Cress crossed her arms. Cress rolled her eyes,"I don't freak out on stupid things... Sometimes. And what is with this food? This place still hasn't upgraded the taste since we last spent our time here."

Crescent look away from her friends and looked around them. The food wasn't the best in the motel, but it was edible enough. The three of them were the only ones, sitting in the middle of the small room, bickering amongst each other.

Sirena tugged on Crescent's sleeve,"Is your head okay?"

"Hmm?" Cress turned over to Sirena. She reached up behind the back of her head and winced slightly at the pain. She shrugged at her,"I guess."

"You guess? Your head kept bleeding last night." Lyra frowned at her response. "We should take you to a doctor or something."

"And let them put me to sleep? I'd rather pass. If I sleep in that hospital, Zero will find me and choke me while I'm passed out. I'm pretty sure that's not a good idea."

"You have a point there," Lyra shoved her plate away. "Where to now? We escaped the university, we just need to go to the place in the picture."

"And where exactly is that?" Sirena responded by giving Cress the picture of the old flower shop they went to.

Crescent's brows furrowed in confusion as she pointed at Zero in the picture. "This was taken by one of the Gemini?"

"Of course," Lyra picked up the picture. "Sirena told me that you two went there before, you guys remember where it's at?"

"Not exactly." Cress placed her chin on the palm of her left hand. "I don't remember where that flower shop was."

"St. Fall Street." Sirena answered in a bored tone. "Just to let you two know, the flower shop is abandoned now. The previous owner had died some time ago because of old age and now, no one want to take over the business."

"You researched all of that? I'm surprised you didn't get a headache in return from all of that information." Cress tugged up a lazy smile.

"For your information, I did get a headache." Sirena scowled at her in a tight manner. "I stayed up all night while you were outside, playing prey."

"It wasn't like I was going to get caught by Zero, Sirena." Cress glared at her. "I was checking around the area."

"And what if you have gotten captured by him, huh? What would you have done?"

"Fight him."

"Haha, very funny." Sirena said sarcastically.