Chapter 7

Lyra cradled the broken branch as a weapon with a horrified expression. Crescent held her bloody stomach with one hand, placing as much pressure as she can to stop the bleeding. Sirena had a broken cell phone in her hand with a mortified look.

Here the three girls were, out in the woods, wearing bloody wedding dresses.

*****

-24 hours earlier-

*****

Crescent wore suitable clothes in front of her mother along with the other girls. But her expression stayed the same as always, a dark, cold, and taunting face she wore. She disliked her mother right then and there. Lyra and Sirena stood beside her in silence as they forced smiles at Mrs. Maxwell.

Mrs. Maxwell smiled at them. "It's been so long since we had last seen each other girls!"

"No kidding." Cress bit her lip harshly to stop snapping at her mother.

Her mother silenced her with a glare then returned her attention over to Lyra with a sad look on her face. Pity. That's the name. Lyra hated the pity that everyone gave to her. "I heard about your boyfriend, Matthew. Are you alright?" Okay. Lyra was okay.

"I'm fine Mrs. Maxwell, but the person who you need to give attention to is Sirena." Lyra pointed at her and the cast that Sirena was wearing on her leg.

Mrs. Maxwell nodded. "I've heard the news. I can't believe you were so close to drowning, how did you ever get out? And how did it even happen?"

"I just saved myself I guess," She shrugged. "And I guess I didn't really look where I was going since I was on my phone."

"On your phone?" Violet let out a gasp. "You should've known better! Next time, make sure to leave your phone inside your bag or something."

Cress cleared her throat,"Is there a reason why you came back mother? Or are you here just for two days then you're leaving?"

"Don't be so cold, Crescent." Violet's tone as sharp as a knife. "I came back because I wanted to see all of you girls again. That and because I've been wanting help to get girls to run in my fashion show. Will you three help us?"

Cress spoke before her friends could. "No, we won't help. After you're done with your stupid show, you'll just leave again like father. Since when were you ever sincere with your words? That's right, never!" If only she could stop, but it felt so good to let it out.

"Crescent!" Her mother said harshly. "Watch your tone, your friends are here."

"Watch my tone?" She snorted at her mother. "Why should I? You never told me to watch my tone before, you were busy traveling the world and leaving me to a stupid nanny. They were all greedy and snobby as well."

"Crescent Maxwell, continue this any further and I swear you will be cut off!" Her mother threatened her.

Cress didn't care about the money she was about to inherit from her family. She was sick of it. Cress rose an eyebrow. "Go ahead and cut me off. I dare you."

Her mother looked at her with a mean glare and spat. "Next month, you shall have no inheritance whatsoever. Consider that as punishment. Until you learn to behave like a lady, then the money is gone."

"Freaking finally. All it took was one fight about your stupid and useless fashion show and now you actually got what I wanted." Cress said with a smirk. "I'm ashamed to call you mom. Why give birth to me if you never intended to love me back? It's not my fault that you couldn't keep your legs closed."