Chapter 16

It was a normal routine for Lyra and Zero. Get up in the mornings, get dressed, head over to breakfast, and eat with each other.

Lyra didn't mind it so much now. She had to be patient, she had to act like she's Zero's doll. She had to play by his rules.

Lyra would happily chat with him. She would tell him some memories in the past, happy ones. Zero happily listened to her, pouring some wine for himself.

In the past few days, Lyra had successfully made Zero talk. Just a few words, simple ones until he spoke to her freely.

"So how was your day?" Lyra asked eagerly.

Zero shrugged,"Good, I suppose." His voice was always deep, a bit rough as well.

Lyra gave him a smile. "What'd you do?"

"Stuff that you don't need to know." Zero said with a strained voice.

Lyra grumbled,"You're always so secretive. You're no fun at all."

"Then what do you suggest we do?" He asked her.

"I wanna go outside again!" Lyra immediately responded.

Zero narrowed his eyes at her through his mask. "No."

"What?"

"I cannot allow you to go outside."

"Why not?"

"It's raining. You'll catch a cold," he said.

"Can't I just take an umbrella?"

"No."

"A hoodie?"

"No."

"Can't I just stand outside the window and watch?"

"No."

"Then what else am I suppose to do?" Lyra whined at him. "I'm bored and I don't like being cooped up in my room."

"Don't ask me, I don't know what to play." Zero continued texting in his phone.

Lyra sighed and looked away. A game popped into her mind and she looked back at Zero. "What about hide and seek?"

"Too childish." He scoffed.

"Please? You're always away, the girls are always busy with chores, your men don't really speak to me. I'm bored and lonely." Lyra sighed.

If Cress and Sirena were with her, they would have played lots of games. Mostly Sirena since Cress would either read a book or do homework.

Zero turned off his phone and gave all of his attention to her. "You want me to play a game with you?"

"It's fine if you don't." Lyra shrugged at him.

"No, it's fine. Did you want to play hide and seek?"

"You're actually willingly to play that with me?"

"Whatever you want, I'll give it to you."

Whatever she wants? Lyra didn't really think he meant it, but she went along and believed him.

"Okay!" Lyra jumped up from the chair. "You're seeking! Count to thirty and try to find me, bye!"

Zero chuckled in amusement when she dashed off, trying to find some good hiding places in his spot. He rolled his eyes and counted to thirty then walked off to find her.