Chapter 9

Lyra struggled to carry both of Cress and Sirena' weight as she walked them over to the side of the road in town. There currently wasn't anyone.

Lyra thought back to when Zero was so close to grabbing them.

Zero almost touched her. Zero's leather gloves were only inches away from her, but Lyra told Zero to stop.

Zero surprisingly did.

After that, Lyra and Sirena helped Cress. Lyra quickly told Sirena to go on without her. She was hesitant at first, but did so.

Lyra turned over to Zero, disgust written all over her face.

"Leave me alone," She said bitterly. "Why'd you have to come back, huh? Why?"

Zero didn't answer. Zero felt saddened by the thought of her leaving. It didn't like it one bit.

Lyra stepped dangerously closer to Zero and scowled,"It's your fault that Cress is bleeding to death! It's your fault that Phoebe had died! It's your fault that you killed every single one from Gemini! Who are you gonna kill next, huh?"

Zero still didn't give her answer. Zero stepped back, but Lyra glared furiously at it.

"I'd rather die than be hidden away from you." Lyra spat.

Zero was taken aback from her. Zero didn't expect her to say such horrendous words, Lyra was never that type of person. Looks like it didn't know her that well, no matter how much it stalked her.

After that, Lyra had left Zero all alone in the woods.

Cress coughed up blood and looked up at Lyra. "W-What did you say to Z-Zero?"

Lyra gave her a reassuring smile. "It's nothing. We just gotta take you to the hospital."

"Don't," Cress said.

"And why not?" Sirena asked her.

"M-My parents would want to know how I ended up on the h-hospital bed-" Cress stopped mid sentence then placed a hand over her mouth.

Sirena and Lyra kneeled beside her. "Cress? What's wrong?" Lyra checked her wound.

Cress shook her head then pushed them away, coughing up more blood and spat at the dirt ground.

"Oh my gosh!" Sirena got up from the ground and pleaded with her. "It doesn't matter if your parents will find out or not, you need to be taken to the hospital, Crescent!"

"And I agree."

The girls looked up and found Nicholo, worry tainting his eyes. Nicholo kneeled down beside Cress and grabbed her.

Cress coughed,"What the heck are you doing here?"

"I was going to check up on something, but then I saw you three. What the hell happened to you?" He demanded.

"Uh..." Cress looked away. "Don't tell my parents, but I climbed up a tree and... Fell?"

"Nice try idiot." He flicked her forehead. She winced.

Lyra sighed. "Can you take her to the hospital?"

"Let's get in my car, but the time when we get to the hospital, you girls better tell me what's going on." He said sternly.

Cress rolled her eyes. "I told you! I climbed on a tree and it's branches whacked me-"

"You fell off," Lyra whispered with a cough.

"Right. Whatever she said."

Once they got over to the hospital, Cress was immediately taken into one of them rooms and had to get stitches for her wounds.