Chapter 22

"This is the place where we're staying?" Alaska nudged Crescent.

She nodded and tossed her bag on the couch. "Yup, might be a little bit dusty, but it'll have to do. Once I earn more money, then we get can a bigger place for us. A nicer one."

The living room was smaller than her old place. There were two couches, a small fireplace, and an old TV. The dining room was a few hallways away and was a just a little bigger than the living room.

"But for now..." Alaska threw herself on the couch. "What's for dinner?"

Crescent rolled her eyes and muttered. "I don't know, we probably don't have anything. I haven't used this place in so long, I bet the food in here is expired."

"Then why don't you go buy some?" Alaska glanced at her.

"We literally just got here, Alaska." Crescent dead panned. "Do you want me to kick you out?"

"No..."

"Then go out and buy some dinner." Crescent walked over to the couch and dug out a purse from her bag, tossing it to Alaska.

"Ow!" Alaska exclaimed once it hit her face. Alaska snatched it from the ground and grumbled something under her breath as she stood up. "I really don't want to go outside, it's dark."

"You want me to come with you?"

"Yeah."

"Too bad, I have to get our rooms ready." Crescent flashed her a quick smile and walked off, getting the rooms prepared.

Alaska sighed and forced herself to get up. She tucked the money inside her pocket and headed out, shutting the door.

Crescent walked up the old creaking stairs and swung open a bedroom door. There was a large queen sized bed and two elegant lamps on both sides of it. The room was connected to an old, but usable bathroom and had a balcony. Crescent decided to give Alaska this room.

She had dusted off the book shelves, the extra furniture, swapping the bed sheets, and cleaned the balcony windows before going over to her old room.

Her room was about the same size, but just a little bigger. She had some extra furniture, two elegant chairs facing each other and a rectangular table in between them. As she stepped around it, she saw her old bed. Same size, but had curtains around it. The room was connected to another bathroom and a balcony.

There were a few more rooms, but that was all. There was a backyard, but she doubt that she and Alaska would ever be out in the cold, Autumn wind.

She cleaned up her room as well and trudged downstairs, dumping the sheets and rags in the old laundry machine and tossed herself on the couch, taking a nap.

That nap was interrupted by Alaska, who had came back with lots of grocery bags.

"Stop being so lazy and help me prepare dinner!" Alaska scowled. The first thing Alaska says when she came back had irritated Cress, but she quickly ignored it and helped out Alaska.

"You know how to cook?" Alaska asked her.

"No duh, I've been cooking for myself for a long time." Crescent remarked. "Since my parents were always busy, I've been with stupid babysitters and no good maids when I was little. I decided to do everything myself. I changed my bedsheets, my whole room decor, I changed the living room, the kitchen, everything. I cooked for myself, did everything by myself. My parents were never really home unless they had vacation from work."

"Oh wow, what happened when your parents saw that you changed everything?"

"They changed it back," she rolled her eyes. "Everything that was my style of decor, they changed it into elegant designs. It was like I was in an old aristocratic house."