Chapter 20

Lyra writhed on the covers of her bed, tossing and turning. She kept mumbling something under her breath and sweat was visible even in the dark. Lyra's mind was clogged with nightmares and she wanted to wake up, but she couldn't.

Then finally, she jolts up in her bed, her hands to muffle the screams.

Another nightmare. Fantastic.

Lyra laid back down on the bed and tried sleeping away her problems. It didn't work. What a shocker. Whenever Lyra wakes up from her sleep, she can't sleep again. It was a weird problem for her.

This was usually the time when Lyra would either text Sirena to sleep at her place or not bother her and deal with her own problems.

Sobs racked through Lyra's body as she cried silently, hiding under the covers.

After a few moments, Lyra got out of her bed and walked unevenly towards the mirror. She flicked her lamp on and saw her puffy red eyes oh the mirror. Her hair was disheveled and was tangled up, her complexion didn't look too good, and sweat was dripping down from her forehead.

Lyra looked back at her bed and grimaced. She couldn't go back to sleep, not after that nightmare.

Lyra hurriedly walked into the bathroom, but not before grabbing some spare clothes. She needed a shower. She needed something to take her mind off of the nightmares.

Once she got out of the bathroom, she walked down the halls. Lyra crossed her arms and noticed the cameras, watching her every move.

That was nice.

Lyra ignored it and stopped right in front of Alaska's room. She knocked on the door and received no response. Lyra slightly opened the door and found Alaska sitting on a chair, laying her head down on a table and slept. Alaska looked much better than the last time Lyra had seen her. What made Lyra frown was the chains that Alaska had around her wrists and ankles, she felt pity for her.

Lyra had a wisp of a smile when she looked at her once more and closed the door then headed to Sirena's room.

She knocked on it softly and didn't receive a response again. When Lyra peeked inside, she found Sirena sleeping on her bed, also looking better. The bruises had almost vanished from her face and the cuts across her arms were being taken care of.

Lyra closed the door quietly and walked over to Crescent to see if she was sleeping as well. When she opened the door without knocking, she froze when she heard her name being called.

"Didn't you ever learn how to knock?" Cress scolded her as she flipped a page from her book. Crescent didn't lift her head to meet Lyra's shocked gaze. Crescent was sitting on a chair, wearing her usual style of clothing. But a silver chain belt was wrapped around her waist. She guessed that has something to do with fashion.

"I-I'm sorry..." Lyra apologized. "I'll get going if you want me to."

"That's alright. Come on in." Crescent closed her book as Lyra closed the door behind her. Cress folded her hands neatly on her lap and didn't send Lyra a smile.

"So, how are you feeling?" Lyra awkwardly asked Cress.

"I'm fine," Crescent shrugged at her. "Lyra, why aren't you sleeping? Having another nightmare? I figured that you might've grown out of that stage."