Chapter 25

Today was supposed to be the day where Lyra and Adam were having fun together. Yes, they did arrive at the Café, but it wasn't just the two of them anymore.

Adam had placed on his hoodie and mask, he had an arm around Lyra's face as he couldn't help but sneer at Cress behind his mask.

Cress was there with them, sitting right in front of their table. She had a smug look on her face and sipped her coffee calmly, giving Adam a menacing glare.

"C-Cress!" Lyra immediately grabbed her hand and gave out a sheepish smile. "What are you doing here? And aren't you supposed to be school?"

She shrugged and laid back. "I came here to buy some coffee for Alaska, and then I saw you! Unfortunately, I saw this maniac as well." She had on a bitter smile as she said that. "Oh, and school's been cancelled for some unknown reason. I was going to look into it, because of how I need to get my grades up."

"Are you done here?" Adam's voice growled at here. "Because we have a date to get to."

"Not anymore you don't, you incompetent fool." Cress placed her chin on the palm of her hand and grinned wickedly at them. "I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere."

Adam really wished he had a knife right now. Any knife, anything! He was desperate to get rid of Cress.

Lyra shook her head,"Cress... I really don't want you here... on our date."

She sighed in irritation and stood up. "Fine, but you better be back at five thirty, Lyra."

"What for?" Adam questioned.

"None of your business." She raised an eyebrow and turned around, heading out.

Right... today was the day that Lyra and her friends light up lanterns. It was always a tradition for them. On the day of December second, they have to light up lanterns for Gemini.

She flinched as she remembered Alaska being there with them. She must be feeling awful today.

"You okay?" Adam pulled down his hoodie and slipped his mask off, his green eyes looking at her.

"Um, yeah." She gave out a smile. "Where to next?"

"The mall, movies, wherever you want to go." He shrugged and placed a kiss on her head.

"Wait, before we go, tell me more about yourself." She said before Adam frowned,"What?"

"Tell me more about what you did in your past! I'm curious." She answered.

Adam sighed and laid back. He wondered if he should tell her some of his past, they weren't really good childhood memories.

"You sure?" He asked.

She nodded,"Yeah."

"Well, um, I never had any parents. I mean, I did, but they weren't really around. I used to do work around the house, feeding myself, cleaning, and I always used to study for school." Adam shrugged,"I remember that I didn't want to fail, so I worked really hard and was in the top of my classes. Whenever I told my parents, they usually act like I wasn't there at all. To be honest, my father was actually my step father. My real parent was my mom."

"Step father?"

"Yeah. I remember my mom telling me that she hooked up with some guy and whatnot, then gave birth to me. But later, that guy left her, not before giving her the money she needs." Adam said.