Chapter 3

Cress couldn't sleep at night. She would have the same problem as Lyra, receiving nightmares whenever she slept. Cress rummaged through her closet and picked out a simple white tee and black tights to put under her shorts. She put on a black trench coat and let her hair down, not bothering to look at herself in the mirror. Whatever clothing was comfortable, then it's her outfit for the day.

Cress' parents weren't at home, they were always busy with their work that they didn't have time to even notice Cress was there. She skipped breakfast and got into her car that her dad bought for her.

Or he only bought it for her so that she could go away when she goes to collage.

Cress drove her car  over to the school and parked in the front. She got out and was greeted by several people that she knew or didn't know. Crescent walked over to Sirena and looked around her. "Where's Lyra?"

"Lyra's in the restroom. I'm waiting for her."

Cress leaned against the wall, her eyes hardening. "I'm next."

Sirena glanced at her,"Hmm?"

"Lyra went first, so her cheating boyfriend died. You went second and your precious cat died, so I'm next. I don't know what will happen to me. I don't have a boyfriend or even a pet."

"What about your parents?" She questioned.

Cress sighed and ran a hand through her wild hair,"I don't know. I mean, I love them and all, but it's just that they don't have time for me anymore so I don't see them as much."

"Then do you have a crush?"

"Um... No? If I did, then I would've told you guys first. Or I would've just let myself block away my feelings."

"What about us?"

"Us? As in, Lyra and you?" She pointed to the restroom and Sirena.

"There's a possibility that I could be the next one dead-"

"No." Cress interrupted. "We're precious pawns to his or her game or whatever it's called now. He or she can't even lay a finger on Lyra. And you... You're probably gonna be saved for the least worse thing."

Lyra came out from the restroom and looked at Cress with a smile. "Morning."

"Morning." She replied.

Lyra got in between of them and linked their arms together,"So I've been thinking that... We should go out at night again. Like last time."

"Like last time?" Cress roughly pulled her arm away from her. "Last time we went out were years ago! We almost had a car crash because of Zero!"

Sirena slapped her arm,"Shut up, someone might hear us."

Lyra lowered her head,"I forgot about what happened last time. I promise, I'll make sure to use the brakes! And this time, we're seventeen so we're of age to drive! But what I don't understand is that we always use Sirena's or your car to drive to school instead of mine."

"Because you might wreck it," They both said at the same time.

Lyra frowned at them,"But I got my driver's license!"

"They just felt bad for you and gave you it anyway," Sirena said.

"I checked up online and made sure I was correct on everything! It said I was correct and that-"

Cress interrupted her. "The internet lies."

Lyra glared at the both of them and shut her mouth, choosing the decision to not talk at all. She was furious as to why her friends were so negative to why they won't let Lyra drive.