Chapter 19

*Please read*

To my dear viewers, make sure to go and check out one of my friend's book, The Age of the Raiders.

By Rachel_2021

—————

"Z-Zero?" Lyra asked hesitantly. "Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead," he gestured.

"Will it be possible if... If I can spend the day with Alaska, Cress, and Sirena? Please?"

Zero frowned under his mask and looked away. "You already spent two whole days with them. Don't you like my company?"

Yes and no.

"That's not the point," Lyra sat down beside him. "The problem is, is that they've all gone mental. I have to help them."

"Too late now to help them," he scoffed at her. "Penelope had already seen Sirena try to hang herself. Who knows what the other two can do."

"That's why I have to be with them!" She pointed out. "Please? I don't want any of them to harm themselves."

He waved her off. "Fine. Go ahead."

For a moment, she didn't respond until sending him a quick smile and ran out of the room, leaving Zero in an agitated state.

"I regret finding her friends," he muttered before standing up from his seat and heading over to one of the cabinets, swing it open and grabbing out a bottle of alcohol.

He lifted his mask a little and was about to take a drink when Lyra came back inside, wearing a white trench coat.

His back was facing her so she didn't see that he didn't completely wear his mask on.

"I changed my mind." She said softly. "We can spend the day together if you want." Lyra didn't really want to leave Cress, Alaska, and especially Sirena, but she was told by Alaska that she can handle Cress and Sirena.

Zero immediately placed his mask down along with the bottle, walking over to Lyra and placing his arm around her waist. He didn't want to waste a single moment.

The whole day was spent outside in the gardens. Zero spent his time talking and walking with her, watching her from afar, or just simply playing his ridiculous game of tag which was surprisingly fun.

Now Zero towered over her, watching as she neatly laced together the stems of flowers, creating a crown.

Lyra looked up at him and smiled. "Sit down."

He plopped himself down on the ground and sat crossed legged. "Why are you making those?"

"Because," she simply replied.

"Because?" He waited patiently for her reply.

"Because I was bored. There's really nothing to do really in the gardens," she answered while placing the flower crown on top of his hoodie.

She was so close to ripping off his hoodie and mask. So close that it irritated her. She doubt that she could ever take it off, besides, he might get angry and punish her.